Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 8:07:29 PM EDT
Is Smith making them both.  And if so who is better.  I know they have cosmetic differences but are they the same internally?  I price out the SW99 at $475 and the P99 at $550.  The P99 has a Teniffer coating over steel the SW99 has Melonite over stainless.  Are there any other differences or does it boil down to cosmetics?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The Walther's have a rep of being better built, more accurate. I'd go with them, as much as I love my S&Ws.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
As I recall, the frames are the same. I had access to both, decided I liked the P99 better. That was when S&W was crapping themselves so that could have had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Walther:  Builds P-99, makes polymer frame for SW99.
S&W:  Imports P-99, and polymer frames for Walther.  

The SW99 is more, or less one-half of a  P-99.  S&W adds their own barrels, and slides.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top