Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 11:23:50 AM EDT
jus curious bout what ppl may think of the 2.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The current fad is all about SA's being the Cat's Pajamas...Glocks are being ragged on here abouts for the occasional KB.

Oh I forgot: Also the Glock position on Ballestic Fingerprinting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Just sold my Glock 26 and I'm picking up a S/A XD 9mm compact tomorrow.

Can't put my finger on it, but I didn't like my Glock. Then it had a recall on the frame, which took ten weeks to get fixed. And of coarse, Glocks position on ballistic fingerprinting.

Someone offered to buy my Glock 26, so I sold it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Glock 30, loved it. I had to kinda get used to the spongy feel of the trigger but I adapted. Very accurate.

I had a SA Champion model. It would lock the slide back intermittently, a PITA, despite two trips to the gun smith. I sold it, still have my SA Govt model.

I haven't shot the Glock 36 yet but it doesn't feel any where near as good to my hands as the 30 does.

Personally, I wouldn't buy either one now. SA for it's lack of quality on their baby models & Glock for their BF stance.

There's several Colt models still made as well as new Para models. I carry a H&K compact .45acp.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Glock 23 for years.  Didn't like the trigger pull.  

I traded it for a full size SA OD Loaded 1911-A1 and love it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Also:

The baby XD's have light rails, while the baby glocks do not.

The baby glock comes in 9x19mm and .40 s&w while the baby XD only comes in 9x19mm.

Question: A positive feature of the baby glocks is the capability to use mags from the larger(primary) weapons, of the same caliber. Does anyone know if you can you use magazines from larger XD's in the Sub-Compact XD?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my Glocks, but I also love the new Springfield armory HG's. I think I am going to hold off on getting one until I am able to buy Hi-caps for it. Till then, its all Sig's, Glocks's and Berettas for me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had a Glock 30, loved it. I had to kinda get used to the spongy feel of the trigger but I adapted. Very accurate.

I had a SA Champion model. It would lock the slide back intermittently, a PITA, despite two trips to the gun smith. I sold it, still have my SA Govt model.

I haven't shot the Glock 36 yet but it doesn't feel any where near as good to my hands as the 30 does.

Personally, I wouldn't buy either one now. SA for it's lack of quality on their baby models & Glock for their BF stance.

There's several Colt models still made as well as new Para models. I carry a H&K compact .45acp.

My .o2

Since we're talking about the Springfield XD, and not their 1911s, I don't think that your concerns over SA quality apply here. After all, SA just specifies the markings and imports them, AFAIK. The XD is still made where the original HS2000 was: in Croatia.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#8]

A positive feature of the baby glocks is the capability to use mags from the larger(primary) weapons, of the same caliber. Does anyone know if you can you use magazines from larger XD's in the Sub-Compact XD?

The full size XD mag will work in the subcompact. Tried it today with my subcompact and a Beretta 15 rounder.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot my Glock 30, Sig P245, and S&W Model 457 on Saturday. I rated them: 1) Glock 30, 2) Sig P245, and 3) S&W M457. I like all three. I have heard bad things about the Springfield Micro 1911 and so I will stick with what I have. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#10]
nice imputs guys..well rounded..im thinkin now on the lines of the smallest KIMBER .45.. i seen one that was OD and looked badazz.dont know the specs on it yet..but who knows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top