Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 2:07:43 AM EDT
Just wondering because all of the .40 cal mags I find are listed for the P-91. I know the same 9mm mags work in the P-89, P-94 and P-95. Are their .40 mags also interchangeable?

As a side note, this P-94DC is quickly becoming one of my favorite Ruger pistols yet. It retains the same frame material and finish as the older P-89, P-90 while it shares the same ergonomics of the P-95 and 97. It also seems the trigger feels much better and has a good, constant pull with no creep or gritty feel. I just picked it up yesterday and will take it out today and run some rounds through it.

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, same magazines. I just sold my P94DC in .40.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jim! Always nice to have you around as it seems I don't have too many Ruger friends here...lol. I'll pick up some of the P91 mags.

Just outta curiosity, did you sell the P-94 because of some problem?

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#3]
No, no troubles at all. I bought a USP in .40 and decided that I could part with the P94. Sold it to a buddy, so I kind of feel I could buy it back if the mood struck me. I've been busy playing with my P89 and .30 Luger conversion instead.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I still see the 11 rounders out there, NIW for $35 or so.
I know one more round may not seem like much, to me it's more a "thumb your nose" at Brady thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Anothergene,

That's a good point about the 11 round hi-caps. I was looking in a CDNN Investments catalog and they listed the 11 rd factory .40 cal mags for $28 or so. The 10 rd factory mags were only about $4 less, so for that difference, I would go with the extra round.

Jim,

Thanks again for the info about the Ruger. I had never owned a P-94 and was just wondering if their quality was the same as the other P-series. After firing a 50 round box of Winchester 180 gr FMJ's through mine today, I was pleased. No problems and decent accuracy. Now I will test some 180 gr Gold Dots and Rangers in it before putting it into my carry rotation.

-Charging Handle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top