Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 7:50:53 PM EDT
I am looking for any personal reviews in reference to the Dan Wesson series of .357 Magnum Revolvers (Model 15/715).  I have recently purchased a Model 15 with 8" barrel, and am waiting on a 4" VH barrel assembly from the factory.  Any info on the accuracy/durability would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A very good friend of mine  owned exactly the same gun , and I have had quite a bit of trigger time with it .

As far as accuracy and reliabilty go , I found it to be VERY accurate , more so than my Smith and Wesson Model 19 (though that did have a four inch barrel )

Overall , I would rate it from my personal experience as a very nice firearm , that is underrated....I would not hesitate to pick one up....

my 2 cents...

t
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#2]
MY dad has 2. One of the pistol packs and one with a 4" barrel. Excellent revolvers. Much nicer than the smith or the colt trooper that he owns. IF I was going to buy a revolver I would definetly go for the dan wesson over the smith and wesson.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a parkerized one with a black ergonomic Hogue grip and a 6" barrel.

Most accurate handgun I've ever known.

H
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Dan Wesson makes excellent and versatile revolvers.

I have heard the argument that, for right-handers, they are tactically inferior to S&W's and Rugers (and even Colt's clumsy retract release) because it takes 2 hands to open the cylinder for a speed reload as opposed to depressing the cylinder release with your right thumb and pushing the cylinder out of the frame with your index and middle fingers.

Since the most assured speed reloads involve hitting the ejector  with the fleshy part of your left hand, then cupping the cylinder in your left hand prior to inserting the speedloader with your right, I have never seen much difference in reload speed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Accurate to the extreme and a good candidate for a scope, the vent rib barrel making that easier.
After many years of hard use, I lost the button off the sideplate on two of them...the button that keeps the cylinder in place when open.
Of course, that was back in the days of my monster overloads.
Once found, with a bingo magnet in the weeds, it was a simple repair with a little grinding and staking.
Dan Wessons earlier revolvers are unique in that they cost a lot new but resale value isn't there, like a Smith or Colt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top