Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 1:37:24 PM EDT
Anyone ever use these for the taurus PT 92? I found a few for $5 each. Thought they might make good range mags but do they fit and feed O.K.?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard anything bad about any Ram-line product. At that low price you can afford to take a chance, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
When clean, they seem to work ok.
The ones I have, I think, hold 17 rounds and they use a unique follower that contains the spring...kind of like a tape measurer.
That makes them harder to clean.
A kerosene/solvent soak while moving the follower in and out is about all you can do in cleaning the follower.
They work even with the base pad removed.
The mag bodies seem to have a good heat treatment, so if the feeding system ever does go sour, you can (I have) drill out the rivet holding the spring and add a follower, spring and baseplate from a 10 rounder (may have to be a bit innovative here) and continue using it as a high cap.
In other words, don't toss out the bodies, there are salvagable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top