Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:24:12 PM EDT
At the show this weekend I checked out a Rock Island Armory Compact .45.  I am thinking of this for my off duty plain cloths weapon.  I currently carry a 1991A1 as my duty gun.  It sort of reminded my of the Officers model I fooleshly traded several years ago.  it seems like a nice pistol for $350.  Any educated opinions on this.  I know 1911s should come equipped with a horsey, but Colt don't make the 91 officers anyore and I'm not paying What a defender costs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The word in here seems to be to avoid them. I haven't shot one, personally.

Have you checked out the single stack Para Ordnance's yet? They seem to be priced reasonable.

I used to own a Springfield Champion, avoid them as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one of these puppies a few weeks ago and my local range has been closed...haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.  I'd be glad to give you an eval in a few days.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
According to Clark Custom Guns, the metal in the Filipino Rock Island guns is very soft, particularly in the barrel and slide lugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top