Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 5:44:34 PM EDT
I am looking for Smith & Wesson, DA 32-20 revolvers in excellent condition. When I was a kid growing up my father often carried one and they have always held a special place in my heart as a collector's piece. Does anyone have any idea where I might could locate some of these? I do have a C&R license I believe those are eligiable. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are a couple of possible sources:

www.armchairgunshow.com/
noconeetrader.com/

Also suggest you check out gunbroker and auctionarms.  Cabela’s also has what they call a “gun library” that might be worth checking out, though from what I’ve seen, they’re really overpriced.

Also the guys over at smith-wessonforum.com/eve have an equipment for sale forum that might be worth checking out.  You’ll have to register to get into that forum.

Note that S&W 32-20’s are all pre-WWII.  Thus these should be C&R eligible.  However, apparently some dealers won’t accept a C&R license so don’t automatically take that for granted.

Since you’re looking for an excellent example you’re getting into the area of collectables, so you need to do some research first.  Things like being refinished, the correct grips, and such can significantly affect the price.  Technically, there are also several variations with different values.

The standard reference book is “The Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson”, which you can get at Amazon.com.

Older S&W revolvers are really starting to climb in value, in part since the new ones have locks, MIM parts, and other manufacturing shortcuts that lots of folks don’t like.

The good news is that 32-20’s aren’t especially sought after, so prices shouldn’t be too terrible.  (Older N-frames, OTOH, have gone crazy!!)   That said, per the above reference book, an excellent 32-20 in original condition would probably be $700+.  A decent condition shooter would probably be less than half that.

Considering that these aren’t especially desirable revolvers for most folks, you might be able to get a much better price by scouring local gun and pawn shops since they would probably have trouble moving one.

Good luck!  If you get one, please post pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top