Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 12:50:09 PM EDT
How's the H&K compact for concealed carry?  I find that my G27 is pretty concealable, with my body habitus and style of dress, as long as I don't try to use a +1 grip extension.  How's the concealability of the H&K compared with the G26 or G27?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
H&K will be a much bigger challange than the baby Glocks. Quite a bit of size difference there.

After I bought & shot my H&K, I sold my Glock & Sig. Damn fine guns, H&K.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wear a lightweight North Face jacket or a baggy flannel shirt untucked and it is never an issue.

My mom can't even tell when I'm carrying.  She's even hugged me and couldn't tell.

As far as the firearm itself....I love mine.

#1) H&K Compacts
#2)Sig 226
#3)1911/H&K USP45F
#4-Infinity)Everybody else. IMHO....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How's the H&K compact for concealed carry?  I find that my G27 is pretty concealable, with my body habitus and style of dress, as long as I don't try to use a +1 grip extension.  How's the concealability of the H&K compared with the G26 or G27?

I found mine to be a tad to thick.  I switched to a Kimber Custom CDP Compact.  

I don't know how it compares to the Glocks you name since I don't own them.

In general, they're just another plastic European gun.  There's nothing particulary wrong about them but I just don't see where the hype comes from.  

I bought a USP 40 when they first started coming in the country.  I was a big HK fanboy back then.  It was a good gun but not the end-all be-all of full sized duty handguns.
HK really pissed me off when I contacted them about getting a different type of safety and they basically gave me the finger.  They wouldn't sell me the parts, wouldn't take my gun without department letterhead and wouldn't offer an explanation about why.

Since HK doesn't seem to care too much about non-LEO sales I don't care too much about spending money on HK products.

If you choose a USP then at least get it on it's merits and not because some department, agency or TV guy uses them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually carry my USP 45, so when I carry my 45C, it sometimes feels a little weird.

Compact H&K's are great weapons.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a USP compact 40 cal that I carry in a Kydex paddle holster. I usually have my shirt tucked in and wear the pistol in the open. The holster is more comfortable with my shirt tucked in and I don't have to worry about fumbling with my shirt trying to get under it to grab my pistol in an emergency.

I love my USP compact. Its lightweight, easy to conceal if I want to, accurate, and the heavy stipling on the grip is great even with sweaty hands.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a USP Compact in .40 a while back.

It was an excellent pistol. Absolutely reliable and very durable. Accurate too. Trigger stunk, however, and I dislike the .40 round altogether, so I replaced it with other guns.

In a 9mm or .45ACP chambering, however, I would not have gotten rid of it. The USP's are fantastic firearms. A tad too expensive, but very good guns.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I absolutely love my USPcs.  I have a .45 and .40. The .40 is noticeably slimmer/lighter than the .45.  CC is pretty easy and the reliability factor is key.  I've never had any kind of malfunction with any of my HK pistols and I have 3 and have shot thousands of rounds through them.  More than I can say for my 1911 clones!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my USP 45 C on Monday.  And, well I am very happy.  I have 300 rounds through the gun and it has not failed once so far.  I have the big brother USP 45 F and well there is match.  I honestly, believe with the exception of the S&W 625 this my favorite 45.  I have owned Gold Cups, Govt. Models, Commanders, and Officers Models, and a Sig 220.  And, I must say the Compact is really growing on me!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a USP40F, A USP45 Tactical, and a USP45C stainless.

The only one I carry is the 45compact.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top