Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 9:58:26 AM EDT
About 3 years ago a friend of mine purchased a Heritage Stealth C-1010 for $325. I shot it and was very impressed. It was about the same size and weight as my GLOCK 26, but recoil was softer due to the HK P7-esque delayed blowback system. It was also more accurate thanks to its fixed barrel configuration. I had my FFL order one for me, and he charged me $230 ($20 over his cost.) I have had the pistol for 3 years now, and have put around 3200 rounds through it with no malfunctions. While there is some evidence of  slight cost cutting, the sights primarily, I have to say it has been the best value I have ever found on a new firearm. I got a DeSantis IWB holster, ordered, 3 more of the factory Mec-Gar 10 round mags, and it has served me very well. In fact, a year ago when I decided to sell a pistol to buy another rifle, I sold the GLOCK and kept the Stealth. Heritage has since discontinued the  9mm and the .40, and went back to just making cowboy style revolvers. I saw a Stealth used at  a gun show a few months ago for $200 that I wish I had bought. Does anyone else have one of these underrated pistols? If you see a good deal on a used one, I highly reccoumend buying it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
what exactly is the delayed blowback system???
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a gas tube and gas piston under the fixed barrel. It taps off gas which is used to keep the breech closed until pressure drops to a safe level. Then the action cycles, ejecting the empty, and chambering the next round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top