Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 6:18:36 PM EDT
I came across a minty piece for $900. Can anybody shed some history on this pistol or any other info? Desireability? Collectibility?
Thank you for any input!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy it first, then we'll tell you.    

There's a gazillion variables on Colt 1911s that you've not listed: size, finish, year made, series type, engraving- if any, etc.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Not being familiar with that commemorative model, (aware of but not familiar with) the regular Gold Cups fetch prices in that range.
If you shoot it a lot, of course the investment part is out the window.
And if you store it away for investment, you will never shoot it.
I don't think a lot of money would be made in the near future on it anyway...buy it , shoot it, enjoy it, for what it is. 2 cents ain't worth much anymore, but that was mine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Buy it first, then we'll tell you.    here

The pistol is a series 80 GOld Cup which is serialized  XXXUS. The finish is blue and has a golden US on the right side of the slide. Maybe it's a commemorative issue recognizing the US shooting Team?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top