Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 10:00:37 AM EDT
Do any of you guys have one of these guns and if so how do you like it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been watching this post hoping to see someone who's actually handled one.  Ah, well.  It looked cool in the anime "Ghost in the Shell"
www.angelfire.com/anime/otakuanime/gitsmateba.html
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]

They look like a mechanical clusterf@ck to me I've never seen one at a range.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw one at a IPSC match last sunday. The guy didn't use it at the match, but brought it out afterwards. He let a number of people shoot it. The revolver guys seemed to like it. It even fit in their race holsters. It's a very wide pistol, semi auto of course, still limited to 6 rounds.

Seemed to fire reliably which is the most I can say. Accuracy was exceptable. He wanted $2000 for it. I could get a lot more gun for $2000.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I just picked one up I had to order it through the gun store from a place called CDNN . I got the 44 magnum with a 8 inch barrel the total cost after tax was $866.69.
Unfortunatly while I was looking it over at the gun store I noticed the small screw that basical holds the entire gun together was missing its part#13 in the manual for anyone here who has one , and anyway they called CDNN and said they were going to next day me the missing part thank god.

Other then that the finish is beautiful the grips fit my hand perfectly the trigger is just perfect ,and the wieght of the gun is lighter then I thought it would be its way lighter then my 44 desert eagle . The owner of the gun store said he never even heard of the Mateba befor which realy surprised me but oh well . Oh yeah this thing looks cooler then hell in person I can't wait to go out and fire it :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The Mateba:

The mechanical complexity of a semi-automatic with the limited ammunition capacity of a revolver! It is a police chief's dream!!

The Mateba is the answer to a question that nobody asked.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
"The Mateba:

The mechanical complexity of a semi-automatic with the limited ammunition capacity of a revolver! It is a police chief's dream!!"

Yep the reliability and power of a 44 magnum revolver with the speed of an automatic what police chief wouldnt want to wield one of these babies :)
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Now if it only ejected shells like an auto....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
You can wield what you want Hunter, but I will stick to my 6" 629. Much more reliable than some Webley Fosberry wannabe.

Take that thing out as your sidearm on a big game hunt in bear country. Get it dirty and wet, and then see how well it works. My 629 will not even notice.

New doesn't necessarily mean better. Revolvers are simple machines that work best when they are left SIMPLE. Adding new metals to their construction makes them more handy. Better trigger pulls make them easier to shoot.

But making them semi-auto is just nutty. As I said before, all the drawbacks of a revolver (limited ammo, slow reloads) mated with the drawbacks of a semi-auto (reliablity, ammo limited to what can work the action)

If you showed this thing to John Browning, he would kick you in the balls. It makes no sense.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you showed this thing to John Browning, he would kick you in the balls. It makes no sense.

ROLLING ON THE GROUND LAUGHING!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
i like them!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]
"You can wield what you want Hunter, but I will stick to my 6" 629. Much more reliable than some Webley Fosberry wannabe"

How do you know ? Did you have one at some point in time and it failed on you ? Or are you just a automatic expert on every gun ever made ? Because Ive heard nothing but good about the mateba line of weapons .

"Webley Fosberry wannabe"<-- The Webley Fosberry is a highly sought after high dollar gun and from what Ive read they were damn good to so did you have one of those to and it also went bad or somthing ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The Mateba IS an interesting design, but that aside, it probably was never intended for "duty" use. I would'nt mind owning one, but there are many many others on the list above it. (The Fosbery is one. Beautifully made, but period comments indicate it was not tolerant of heavy field abuse.)

If everyone was forced to own purely functional handguns, we'd be toting 1911's or S&W 38/44's. I like my weird handguns, thanks.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#13]
If they made one in .45 Colt I'd consider it.  But I don't plan to buy no 9mm or 11mm revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top