Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 7:24:40 PM EDT
I like the cz75b but before I get one I'd like to ask what else is out there and how do they compare with the cz?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Browning Hi-Power, M1911A1 types, the CZ clones (like TZ, and Witness).  Various guns, like Astra or STAR.  I suppose you could call the Luger a cocked and locked gun.

As far as comparing them to the CZ-75, the CZ has probably the best features for the money combined with reliability and durability for a 9mm that you can carry cocked and locked.  There's so much difference between most of the guns that do this that it's more of a personal preference before any other factor.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You can carry H&K USPs cocked and locked. I do.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry my USP Compact 9 cocked and locked.  Check them out!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the help.  I realy like the feel of the CZ and most Browning High Power derivitives.  So to narrow my question a little -- what is there out there based on the Browing HP?  I picked up a Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle the other day.  I liked the feel of the gun, but it had a de-cocker.  Does Magnum Research sell a safty modle?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Inkaybee,
It already sounds like you know what you like.  If you like the feel etc of the CZ and the BHP, get one.  I'd go HP.

Rich
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Baby Desert Eagle in 9mm , It is just a standard model with a safety and no decocker , yes , I do intend to carry cocked and locked .

Part of the reason I bought the gun , is that it is essentially a CZ-75 , but I like the ergonomics a lot more , I can give it my highest recomendation , it has been nothing but reliable , and surprisingly accurate ...

t

p.s You can't go wrong with the Hi-Power or CZ either
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Taurus PT92
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Taurus PT92

Ditto. I carry mine condition 1, loaded with 18 124gr. +p Gold Dots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top