Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 1:51:35 PM EDT
A little while back I started a thread about which handgun I should buy for my first one.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=4315

Well I decided on the CZ 75B satin nickel 9mm.  My ammo hasn't arrived yet (orderd 2,000 rds. of olympic 124 gr. 9mm)  but it is a really nice looking and feeling gun.  

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions and help!

http://realmoftherings.f2o.org/brandon/CZ
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ 75's are great guns, you will be happy with it. I would buy some snap caps and practice dry firing with it a couple times a week; It will help you acquire a proper grip when you shoot and build muscle memory in your fingers and hands, this aids with accuracy. Have fun and be safe!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I could only wish for a gun like that as my first one!
Good choice...those do feel good!
Now for your 2nd gun...
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Mag loader on the right, looks like snap-caps with replaceable "primers" on the left.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Great choice. Now, all you need is the .22 Kadet conversion kit!

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Is dry firing my handgun bad?  Did they give me snap caps to dry fire with because it will harm my gun to dry fire without them? I hope not cause I dry fired my gun a bit when I got it.

I didn't think the dry fire would harm it cause I dry fire my AR 15.  I always thought that dry fire only harmed rimfire guns.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I also need to get a good holster now.  Any suggestions as to a website that carries good ones, or any suggestions on good holsters for the CZ 75?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Your weapon should be OK, but do use the snap caps in the future.

BTW, NICE PIECE!

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighborhood CZ Forum Moderator
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#9]
At least your acknowledge this is you "1st" pistol.  There will be more.  Guns should be as plentifull as children in a Catholic family.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yes, there will be more....many more :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#11]
CZ75..mmmm... The second gun I ever owned was a CZ75, I love the thing and I'll never part with it. As far as holsters go try a DeSantis, I had luck with them when I was shopping for a holster for my Beretta 92FS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is dry firing my handgun bad?  Did they give me snap caps to dry fire with because it will harm my gun to dry fire without them? I hope not cause I dry fired my gun a bit when I got it.

I didn't think the dry fire would harm it cause I dry fire my AR 15.  I always thought that dry fire only harmed rimfire guns.

I dry fire all my centerfire guns a whole bunch.  Snap caps aren't really necessary, but if they make you feel better go ahead and use them.  Don't worry about not using them though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top