Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 12:10:45 AM EDT
Any Kimber owners ever had to send their pistol back for Warranty work? If so, can you 'splain to me what all is involved.
My Gold Combat seems to be going downhill so to speak. First off, I Swear the thing shoots High, left. I 'cheaped out' and didn't get the adjustable sights, And I don't really wanna try adjusting the fixed ones that are on it. Besides, I paid a good chunk-o-change for it, why should I have too??
The other problem, albeit slight, is when I go to drop an empty mag I have to do it S-L-O-W-L-Y and push the ejector in JUUUUUUUST the right amount and the mag will fall out. Push it in too far and I gotta physically PULL it out! And to top that off, I use Kimber mags exclusively.

TIA for any help!

Oh, and for all the Glock guys, FLAME AWAY!
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe the dealer will take care of sending it back for you? Or at least look at it for you?When you say ejector, I think you mean the magazine release. Maybe call Kimber first, after reading the paperwork included, it may explain procedure for shipping? No flame from me, you purchased a respected brand of firearm and paid a good buck for it...the darn thing should work!  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruckus,

Paid for a Custom Eclipse II in October and just got to fire it today!

Had a bore with curley-cues of improperly cut land/grooves attached fore and aft with heavy pitting at throat.  I returned it to the place of purchase (Bernie's Sport Center, Lilburn) while still in pieces and they shipped it out.

It was returned with a new barrel.  POA is POI.

Best Wishes,

Dave S
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I noticed last night that my McCormick mags will not drop free if the follower is pushed all the way to the back of the mag body. It puts it at a higher angle than the feed lips and it hangs up on something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top