Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 1:05:22 PM EDT
I've read the horror stories about this gun. POS, FTF, FTE, etc......   But for the price, it is SO tempting. Can some dremel work, TLC or a good smith make these work ??   Or are they just to be avoided.  I'm not looking for a precision weapon here,  just something to sling some lead at the paper reliably.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are we talking? new or used? hi-cap mags? caliber?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
new gun....  9mm or 40cal....   hi-cap if I can find one......     does that help ???
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I might sell you my S&W sigma.

9mm
1 10-rd mag
1 17-rd mag

Barely used. Was sent back to S&W to fix the extraction problem and they also replaced the entire slide cus the finish was worn and it was NIB! .

Not sure if I want to sell it though...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Well,  Does it work now ??    Did they fix the problems ??
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep: they fixed it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to sell it,  send me an e-mail and maybe we can work something out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
YOULL BE SORRY.I HAD A SIGMA IN .357 SIG.Bought brand new for 350 out the door.the grip was the best i have ever held.it also was very cool lookin.
reality:2 trips back to smith to be fixed and still after less than 2 or 3 mags it would fail to feed ,fail to fire and the triger would get so hard to pull you could not group at all.i even took it completly apart to fix it and still it just well that dog just wouldnt hunt as they say.
i feel it was an attempt by smith and wesson to match or clone a glock.they just f up.........
the enhanced may be better but i was bit once ..not again....
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two.

One in 9mm, one in .40

Both have been reliable and accurate.  However, the .40 will not feed a conical bullet.  Roundnosed 135 grains work just fine.

I have read about the Sigma problems, and I have spoken to a person that had firsthand experience with a Sigma that failed to fire (would not engage the hammer).  Lots of horror stories, but mine have been acceptable.

FWIW, the Sigma .40 is my primary hog hunting pistol.  I trust it.  It recently saved my butt when a hog rushed me.  (hunting forum for the whole story).

I trust my .40 enough to bet my life or serious injury upon it.  And, fwiw, I have a Glock 23 that I could carry instead when I hunt, but I don't.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one in .40 that I ended up getting rid of. Sure, it looked sweet but I was not at all impressed with the accuracy and the constant feed problems really got annoying. Traded it for a CZ75 that I am much happier with.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Accuracy. I had mine tested by a competition shooter. He said it shot really well. I watched him shoot it and it was very accurate.

snojet: I am thinking of a price, will let you know.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah,  let me know.  gonna hit the local armory on friday and handle their iron.  great selection, but way overpriced.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What is the current MSRP of the Sigma 9F with 17-rd preban mag? I know what I paid...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top