ASSY 5508694
MFR 30745

They were wrapped in Mil Spec wrapping labeled:

Mil-B-117E Type III
Class E, Style 1
Seal Pak
Hawthorne, CA

Are these good mags?

Bought them at the Las Vegas gun show this weekend, the guy says they are USGI, was he lying?  I tried Googling the above info and turned out nada.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I posed the same question last week.
The witness holes on mine are "off" one hole too high...only indicating 6 shots and have the same finish as those generic gunshow $6 mags.
Although the floorplate looks authentic, the feed lips are not GI, as they are "stepped".
My wrappers were not marked like yours either,
merely marked 7M-006 and 1987.
I'm going to try mine out today, fake or not, and see what I have.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know how I ran in to this, but I did so about 10 minutes after I posted the above question:

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/mag_faq.htm

little magazine primer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know how I ran in to this, but I did so about 10 minutes after I posted the above question:

www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/mag_faq.htm

little magazine primer.

link hot!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]
those mags are USGI military contract mags, they are very good and Cheap, ive got 5 of them.
at $5-10 ea they are the best deal in town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top