Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 9:38:48 AM EDT
I own both Colt and Springfield 1911's.  I'm loyal to the brands of merchandise I happen to own, so it's difficult to listen to the Colt boys rag on Springfield, and likewise with the Springy bunch doing the same. Anyway, I was wondering, can I "morph" my Series 70 and Custom Loaded into one?  LOL!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I own both of the firearms that you mentioned, a Colt Gold Cup and a Springfield Compact, my mindset is that anything other than Colt is a CLONE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Amen to that....but my Kimbers sure run good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Clone shmone..... What gun isn't a clone?  Would it be correct in saying the Colt is a clone?  I say it is a clone of the famous John Browning ;-) Or did Browning in a distant kind of way "clone" the musket?  :-))
What about the 870 Wingmaster? Clone of???  And the AR-15....Clone of Armalite???  Don't misunderstand me please, I have a Colt, a Springer, a Mossberg 590, and an AK-47 (SAR-1).  If you want to call 'em clones, fine... but thank god we aren't still shooting muskets! Or worse yet, Bows & Arrows.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
When you talk about clones you are using the term in a very general way, the way I am using the term is in direct comparison of 1911's. You can't take a barrel off a Win. model 12 and use it on a Rem 870 shotgun, but with little or no fitting you can change out a host of assemblies relating to the model 1911. I feel like the fish that got reeled-in by letting you bait me like you did on this subject...clone shmone
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
what greco said!!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When you talk about clones you are using the term in a very general way, the way I am using the term is in direct comparison of 1911's. You can't take a barrel off a Win. model 12 and use it on a Rem 870 shotgun, but with little or no fitting you can change out a host of assemblies relating to the model 1911. I feel like the fish that got reeled-in by letting you bait me like you did on this subject...clone shmone

Blaster --- By no means was I trying to bait you.  My apologies if it looked that way.  I guess I'm just tiring of the "clone" comment by every Colt owner who uses that word.  Don't forget, Colt DIDN'T come up with the 1911 idea.  Granted, Colt was the big dog in the neighborhood for many many years, but it fell behind when the other companies started producing models that cusomers were seeking.  Maybe some day Colt will regain the lead in sales and marketing and once again be the big man on campus.  But for now, they are in a restructering kind of mode and are fighting to regain their loyal customer base.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm with ya.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I will save you some time and rag on both of them. I owned Colt and SA and both were horrible guns.

Then I bought a Les Baer and all was well in Townsville...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]
overpriced
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
overpriced

Roger that!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#11]
hey...I morphed my Springie and parts from some colt's into a "Coltfield Armory"....looks good and shoots great.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
All 1911's are overpriced. (IE $750 for a Kimber and $350 for a HP)

Colt just uses that clone argument to try to make up for IT'S HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

A GI 1911 means :
Singer, Rock Island, Colt, Harrington and Richardson etc

I don't see anyone calling these clones so why call a superior product like Kimber or Les Baer a clone?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#13]
because that is what they are........and by the way, all that money for the Les Baer, and they probably would have trouble outshooting a Colt Gold Cup.......waste of money and really overpriced for what you get.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top