Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 3:27:33 PM EDT
I wanted the SA 1911 A1 Milspec in black.  They didn't have it.  Is the equivalent Armscor that is a little more "value for the money" a good deal?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it! Get the Springfield!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid anything built with the Armscorp name.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If you go to www.1911forums.com you will find that the Philippine made 1911s sold here as Rock Island and Charles Daly models are EXTREMELY popular and highly thought of.

A lot of Kimber and Springfield owners are bitter about this.
www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40243
www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45167
www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44259
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a parkerized Milspec a month ago or so... EXCELLENT pistol.   I'd recommend holding out for one.  

Fit and finish is top notch, IMHO.  I need more trigger time with it, as the trigger isn't as nice as the Loaded models.  

(I'm wondering if SA parkerized all the small internal parts.... if so, it would be a matter of time before the parts wore off the finish and polished themselves...)

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an Armscor Hi-cap as my "learning gun" on 1911s. It works fine. Some day I  may buy a Colt, but hey, that's for snob appeal and personal pride.
 Armscor guns are computer-made. they work. Since my use for the gun is personal/home defense, it's all I need, really. Still, a colt for personal pride is down the road.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got a parkerized Milspec a month ago or so... EXCELLENT pistol.   I'd recommend holding out for one.  

Fit and finish is top notch, IMHO.  I need more trigger time with it, as the trigger isn't as nice as the Loaded models.  

(I'm wondering if SA parkerized all the small internal parts.... if so, it would be a matter of time before the parts wore off the finish and polished themselves...)

That's exactly what I was gonna say.  Hold out for the SA Mil-Spec.  I love mine.  

The slide rails seem to be parkarized too, so it'll take about 500 rounds to get a really smooth glide and wear the slide and frame together.  

When you do get the Mil-Spec, try not to put big scratches on it!  I F'd up and got a nice incher on the top.

Hunt around for a good price, and you might get lucky.  I found mine for $399, which is a steal.
Also, take advantage of the coupon that comes w/ the pistol.  Really cheap prices in mags and other accessories.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]

keeping my mouth shut!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I've read some posts in other boards regarding Armscore.  Those who have them say they are reliable.  Those who say they are junk, often say it from judging by brand name and not really owning one.  Of course, pride of ownership can play a bias.  But, never owning or firing one and giving out an opinion is shooting from the hip.  I don't know maybe I should buy both and try em out, then sell the one that sucks....yeah, I can be a used car salesan.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big fan of the series 70 goverment model...BIG FAN...course thats what I carry everyday, so I'm a bit partial.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I've shot two Armscorp 1911s, Govt & their smaller one (Commander?).

Both had jams with both me & their owner shooting them. One of them threw off its front sight while the owner was shooting it.

So, while I certainly didn't own one I have shot two & both had problems. I didn't have to own a Yugo to know it too was a POS.

Certainly everyone can spend their money as they see fit, but I feel compelled to help them avoid the same mistakes I have made.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've shot two Armscorp 1911s, Govt & their smaller one (Commander?).

Both had jams with both me & their owner shooting them. One of them threw off its front sight while the owner was shooting it.

So, while I certainly didn't own one I have shot two & both had problems. I didn't have to own a Yugo to know it too was a POS.

Certainly everyone can spend their money as they see fit, but I feel compelled to help them avoid the same mistakes I have made.

I don't think we are talking about the same guns here, you sure they weren't Auto-Ordinance or AMT?
There are very very few people on 1911forums.com with anything bad to say about the Armscor pistols from either vendor. www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47961
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Hold out for the Springfield Mil-Spec.  I got one a few months ago and really like it. I agree that the fit and finish are top notch and it shoots real good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top