Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 4:21:09 PM EDT
Does anyone remember these? They were a convertible version of the P85/89 with an extra barrel in .30 Luger.

About seven or eight years ago, there was an outfit out of Dallas (they were a competitor to SWFA, but I haven't seen their ads in years) who got ahold of a large stash of these .30 Luger barrels for the P85/89. They were selling them for the exorbitant sum of.......$20, brand new.

I couldn't resist the impulse and gladly ordered one. It dropped right in and shot just fine. I put maybe 100 rounds through mine and then put it away, but lately I've been thinking about using it again.

Anyone else get one of these?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember the P-88 Ruger (and Walther)
I don't remember if the slide was stamped P-88 on those models.
I thought it was a good idea but maybe with fixed sights it shot too far off?
Or the .30 Luger was a bit uncommon?
Either way, a cool piece of firearms history you have there!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]

I thought it was a good idea but maybe with fixed sights it shot too far off?
Or the .30 Luger was a bit uncommon?

Accuracy and impact versus point of aim was pretty good, but I really think it was the ammunition. .30 Luger has just never been very popular here and at the time I bought my barrel, ammunition was nigh impossible to find.

I thought the extra caliber was kind of neat and would make my P89 a fair small game getter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top