Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 12:08:41 PM EDT
Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased a brand new Beretta Inox 92FS Pistol. I took it out to the range yesterday and fired approx 200 rounds through it. However I experienced an extremely irritating abnormality, about three to five times per magazine (10 round). The slide would not fall forward all the way, and would get stuck, about two millimeters back. The hammer is still cocked back (EVEN WITH THE SAFETY ENGAGED!!!!), and once I pull the trigger, the slide falls into place, and the gun can be fired by another light pull of the trigger (if the safety is off that is of course). Now, the gun extracts the spent shell flawlessly and loads the next cartridge. It’s just very annoying to have to pull the trigger twice to fire one shot. I tried to clean it up a bit on the field but that did not help at all. Please let me know if it is the gun that is defective, or if it is a normal break-in process, or perhaps I’m the one making an error. Thanks everyone for your help.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
When you purchased the pistol, did you take it home and THOROUGHLY CLEAN AND LUBRICATE it BEFORE heading out to shoot? Most, if not all, handguns have only a "storage" lubricant on/in them and need to be cleaned and lubed before shooting. I have a 92FS in 9mm and did the above (actually, I clean ALL new weapons before shooting them) and I've not had any problems at all with mine. If this suggestion doesn't help, call Beretta's customer service and talk to them. The individuals I've spoken to there seemed very helpful and personable.
(Talked to them about adjusting trigger pull and about what I thought was a crack in the slide-it wasn't, the slide is made that way)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello Lockedon! And a big welcome to ya!
After field stripping/inspecting and cleaning, if nothing obvious is found, I would be on the phone to Beretta real quick... making shipping arrangements.
That should not be happening, cease fire!
Explain the symptoms to them, like you just did here and see what they have to say.
The dealer may help you getting it back to the factory.
I hope you get satisfaction as it's normally a great gun to enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased a brand new Beretta Inox 92FS Pistol. I took it out to the range yesterday and fired approx 200 rounds through it. However I experienced an extremely irritating abnormality, about three to five times per magazine (10 round). The slide would not fall forward all the way, and would get stuck, about two millimeters back. The hammer is still cocked back (EVEN WITH THE SAFETY ENGAGED!!!!), and once I pull the trigger, the slide falls into place, and the gun can be fired by another light pull of the trigger (if the safety is off that is of course). Now, the gun extracts the spent shell flawlessly and loads the next cartridge. It’s just very annoying to have to pull the trigger twice to fire one shot. I tried to clean it up a bit on the field but that did not help at all. Please let me know if it is the gun that is defective, or if it is a normal break-in process, or perhaps I’m the one making an error. Thanks everyone for your help.

Ok first I have to ask like gamesniper did, did you clean the firearm before you took it out to the range?  And I mean everything slide, barrel, frame, magazine, everything possible that could be taken out with out causing damage to the firearm.  You always need to clean a weapon when it is bought, before you fire the weapon.  If you tried to clean it up a little on the field, then you probably did nothing more than move the grease and remove lubrication.  Even though a gun might have a break in period it is normally accuracy, ie. the guns trigger might be very stiff or its first round is shooting high, not a failure to lock the slide into place.  I would say clean the weapon completely, lubricate it with a good product, and take it out to the range again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wha'????????  Guns use lube?????????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top