Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 6:49:31 PM EDT
I was looking into the North American Arms mini revolver in 22 LR as a toy / novelty item.  I do want to know is;

1  Are there any competing products in 22 LR?

2  Are there any tiny 22 LR autos that might be around the same size?

3  Can they shoot 22 buck shot rounds?

Thanks for all your replys.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a NAA Black widow in 17hmr if you just want it for a novelty anyway.
It just sounds a little cooler saying I have a black widow in 17 magnum :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was looking into the North American Arms mini revolver in 22 LR as a toy / novelty item.  I do want to know is;

1  Are there any competing products in 22 LR?

Not that I am aware of.

2  Are there any tiny 22 LR autos that might be around the same size?

From what I know, only Ravens and Lorcins - unreliable crap.

3  Can they shoot 22 buck shot rounds?

Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all your replys.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the .22mag version with the plastic folding carry handle. Shoots pretty good, actually. Since it is a SA revolver then yes, it will shoot rat shot. Speed loading is a mother though.        
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
1. Not anymore. At least three companies have made very simular designs in the past.

2. Smallest .22LR auto I know of is the Walther TPH, which isnt very reliable. The Beretta 21A is significantly larger.

3. The Shotshells work fine, but are nearly worthless from the little NAA guns. The CCI shotshells with the plastic shot cup are better than the crimped shot loads from Winchestr, Federal & Reminton.

The lockwork of the NAA revolvers is very fragile. Mine has been back to the factory once for repairs.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing with the quality of the NAA .22 revolvers out there. Automatics in .22 tend to have very shotty reliability, whereas the NAA revolver is reliable and safe to carry.

I would not advise buckshot style rounds out of these little guns. You might as well just throw the gun at an attacker/animal.

I like my little NAA .22 Magnum. It is useless out past 15 feet and it is hard as heck to aim, but it is intended as a very up close and personal weapon. I carry it as a backup to a .38 revolver on days where I must be very discreet, or as a tertiary weapon when I am better armed. It also makes a nasty little suprise to a mugger when it is sitting in a pocket.

They are decent little guns that are mainly good for extreme CQB. (Meaning the muzzle is touching the bad guy's anatomy...) But they are pitiful weapons for much else than that.

Never carry one by itself if there is any way you can avoid it...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with the Black Widow!  The oversize rubber grips and good sights make it much easier to shoot than the others.  
I own two of them.  Wife had to have one for her purse gun after shooting mine.
I like the 22 magnum caliber. There are some good defensive loads out there and it is plentiful.  I think .17 needs a little more history.
I can keep all the shots in the center of mass out to 10 yards with no problem.
Great carry gun in "shorts and T shirt weather too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#7]
their a liability in the hear and now.looks like a toy.any kid that gets his hands on one will shoots it.too small to really be seriouslyn taken for protection.no thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top