Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 1:34:43 AM EDT
okay..i'm new to this bidding online for guns stuff.  i have located a pistol i'd like to have....but am unsure of what all necessary legal hoopla and redtape is connected w/ this.  any info/tips. would be helpful..thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll have to get a local FFL to handle the transfer for you.  When the aution ends the winner sends the seller a copy of the FFL and the firearm gets shipped to your dealer.  Your local dealer will be responsible for doing the background check and the yellow form.  It's no big hassle, just takes a little time.  Find out what that is going to cost.  Add in the shiping cost and you'll know what the total cost will be.  In the end it might be cheaper to buy localy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top