Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2003 7:59:11 PM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on the SW1911? I have been shooting 9mm's for years and I want to get into USPSA shooting with something S/A and major PF. I want the best gun out of the box, around $600-$800 that I won't have to do anything to for awhile.
I am considering the SW1911 and the Kimber Custom II stainless. Any opinions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Kimber or Dan Wesson

Dan Wesson will probably give you more accuracy than Kimber by virtue of its Jarvis fitted Barrel but it has a cast frame.

Actually there is a SA custom shop 1911 for sale in handguns for sale right now that is $750 and probably worth over twice that. It will kick the crap out of S&W

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=163607

That's my good dead of the day (I could horded that info to myself and waited for the daywhen I had $750 to spend)

The Smith and Wesson has huge warning lables that are tacky as heck on the side of the slide.
Ugly gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The SW1911 and Kimber both have a firing pin safety which is disengaged by the grip safety.  Dan Wesson does not have one which is a plus.  The SW1911 is supposed to be very accurate out of the box.  The "magazine safety" label and the huge rollmark can be polished out if you don't like then as they are only eched onto the dustcover and slide.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a SW1911 and really like it.  Don't have much experience with other 1911's other than a Kimber Eclipse.  Liked the SW1911 better.  Gun seemed to be put together  tighter, and I can shoot the Smith & Wesson better.  The only criticism I have of the SW1911 is that the trigger pull is a little heavy (I'd guess about 6 pounds).  I paid $700 and I suspect price will be going down as more guns hit the market.  Definitely worth checking out the SW1911 if you are interested in a new 1911.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a SW1911 and really like it.  Don't have much experience with other 1911's other than a Kimber Eclipse.  Liked the SW1911 better.  Gun seemed to be put together  tighter, and I can shoot the Smith & Wesson better.  The only criticism I have of the SW1911 is that the trigger pull is a little heavy (I'd guess about 6 pounds).  I paid $700 and I suspect price will be going down as more guns hit the market.  Definitely worth checking out the SW1911 if you are interested in a new 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top