Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 11:16:06 AM EDT
After dropping by the CMP and there being no Garands to spend my money on I went to Gander Mountain today. There were no P1s out so I asked if they had any and the last one they had was in the back. I figured that one P1 at $279 = less than half of the Garand I did not get to buy, man logic, so it came home with me. A very nice 1979 with no apparent wear. One of the mags was still in the paper wrap and in plastic. There was one Walther P1 mag and one Walther P38 mag. I was very surprised at just how light the alloy frames make the pistol. Even with a loaded magazine it is very lightweight. I now have too many choices for pistols to take to the range with me next time.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You will love shooting it. They are very accurate and the recoil is better that one might expect. I owned one several years ago and miss it. I am thinking of getting another one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You will love shooting it. They are very accurate and the recoil is better that one might expect.

+1

I got the same exact deal from GM here locally.  Awesome pistol.  Awesome quality.  Awesome accuracy.  I haven't put enough rounds through mine to declare on reliability, but I doubt that it will be an issue.

I've heard some say the P1 is a dated design.  Wrong.  It can hang with any modern plastic fantastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top