BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2003 1:55:49 PM EDT
Anyone own one/shot one/handled one?
Can I get a witness?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  Fun little pocket pistol.  However I haven't found any ammo that will cycle reliably in it.  I get a lot of stovepipes.  With the rosewood grips its a pretty good looking plinker.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The Beretta 22's are not any better either, I know from personal experience. I'd get a 5 shot 38 snubby with no exposed hammer and be done with it. Revolvers usually go bang when you need them to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
This one wouldn't be for concealed carry, but I'd like to find a small .22 to blast with. Something the size of a pocket pistol. The Taurus appeals to me because of the size, price, options, and warranty.... but I don't know anyone who has one.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This one wouldn't be for concealed carry, but I'd like to find a small .22 to blast with. Something the size of a pocket pistol. The Taurus appeals to me because of the size, price, options, and warranty.... but I don't know anyone who has one.
-Hobbit

Its a fun little blaster.  However, unlike the Barretta version it is double action only.  This makes is pretty tough to be accurate with it.  The price was right for me too and the warranty cant be beat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Good little guns for the price. Accurate enough from 15 yards in and the tip up barrel is a nice feature. Just be careful waht you feed it. I KB'ed mine after shooting one mag full of that hot Aguila stuff. It split the slide where it joins the tip up barrel. Taurus repaired it but sent a nasty note back with the gun saying do not shoot hyper velosity ammo in it. I use it for the last ditch weapon in the truck, usually loaded with Stingers. It has fed everything from that cheap steel case Russian to Wally World lead nose bulk pact to Quick Shocks(way too hot for that gun.

If it's cheap enough pick one up. It's something you'll carry a whole lot more than you'll shoot. It might surprise you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had 2 Beretta M21As and a Taurus PT-22. Neither were reliable at all. I don't believe small .22s can be made reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top