Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 8:04:36 PM EDT
Ive had my eye on this model for a very long time and am about to jump on it. My local dealer tells me 960 OTD w/ a set of Houges thrown in.

Is there any other Handgun I should be looking at? Full size or Compact I am not comfortable with anything smaller than Compact.

This will mostly be a range queen with use as home defense. I may carry it from time to time but i really doubt it.

Any and all opinions welcome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard SIG will do anything you need for less money.  CPO SIG will be even less.  I think most of the special runs like Blackwater are more marketing gimmick than tactical brilliance.

But its your money.  Spend it however you like.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sigs are great, I just don't like their high bore axis.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You are paying alot for that bear paw.

I would go with a standard 229R with CT laser grips.  That combo can be ordered direct from Sig and you wont have to worry that the grips are not going to fit right.

Changing grips on a Sig is not rocket science, but more can go wrong if its done wrong than probably any other pistol.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Blackwater Sig?

That's funny. About 90% of the Blackwater guys I've seen were using a GLOCK.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blackwater Sig?

That's funny. About 90% of the Blackwater guys I've seen were using a GLOCK.

Yep, cause thats how WPPS is set up.  Actual DS folks get Sigs and Contractors get Glocks.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of Glocks where the running?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What kind of Glocks where the running?

Mostly 17s, 19s, and a few 34s.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a CPO.

You're better off goin with an older Sig anyways.  IMHO, they're made better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top