Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 9:25:03 AM EDT
I've been a .45 Auto guy for quite some time but want to try the .40.  Narrowed down the selection to Glock or a BHP.

Which one would you get and why?

Thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been a .45 Auto guy for quite some time but want to try the .40.  Narrowed down the selection to Glock or a BHP.

Which one would you get and why?

Thanks for your input.

I think either would be a fine choice.  The glock will do better in the realm of weight/capacity/reliability (I keed I keed!), but also isnt the classic bhp.  The BHP will have a better trigger, and be metal.  Its all about your preferences.

Why are you dead set on .40?  Personally, I would prefer the 9mm version of either in this order: G19> G26> G17 > BHP.  I have owned one BHP (sold it) and currently own 1 G26.  I will be adding a G19 to my arsenal soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock 22!!

Easy to work on, reliable as any, numerous aftermarket parts and upgrades available, simple to operate, accurate, and they look good doing it!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
as much as i like the BHP, i will have to say the Glock--its just easier to find parts for and cheaper too
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with a glock. I'm not a fan of the mag disconnect on the BHP. But if you are a 1911 guy then the grip angle of the BHP will probably feel better to you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Neither.  I shot a Springfield XD in .40 and it was one of the flattest shooting, controllable handguns I have ever handled.

I realize it isn't an option you presented, but the XD gets my vote.  If you already handled one and eliminated it as a choice, I would be interested to know why.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Several years ago I bought a .40 BHP Practical.  I liked it so much I went out and bought another one right away.  It's a definite shooter.  The triggers were a little bit gritty at first, because of the magazine disconnect, but after several hundred rounds they smoothed out nicely.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I would go BHP in .40. I love the grip with houges on (I do not like houges on every pistol) and my HP was more accurate than my Glocks and just as reliable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I truly do loves the BHP.
As for you, get what YOU want, not what anyone else tells you to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both a Glock 23 and a FN 40 Hi power----my opinion is that they fill two distinctly different roles.......get both! Buy one, then save for the other.

The Glock is a great ccw piece, simplicity and reliability in the extreme, easy to master...but a bit "boring", in my opinion.

The Hi power is a different breed...certainly worthy for ccw, but takes a different protocol to master, and a blast to shoot during extended range time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
as much as i like the BHP, i will have to say the Glock--its just easier to find parts for and cheaper too

Yeah, that would be my thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock 35, no question.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd get the BHP. Glock fotees tend to:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top