Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2007 4:31:46 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting a Tac-5 and I am just looking for some thoughts. I have not shot any Para's so I am not used to the trigger but what I have read is favorable. I love 1911's and the 18+1 sounds good but I am wondering if the magwell will be too big to carry and if it will become a range gun? Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I find it hard to believe that no one in this community has one and is willing to give me their opinion of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#2]
They're not very popular cause they're full of cast parts(frame and slide maybe?) and no gunsmith will work on them.  Tod Jarret is the only shooter using Para and that's cause they bankroll him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have several and carry the para on and off duty. I have Dawson Ice mag wells on them, as long as you dress appropriately the large magwell will not be an issue. The trigger is great, and easy to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top