Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 2:42:20 PM EDT
Do I need to buy factory mags only?  I own a Bersa .380 and their website offers some Bersa Mags for about 30 bucks and they also feature some by a company called ProMag for half that.  Will the non Bersa brands work just fine?

Thanks dudes.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Avoid promag and USA magazines. Other aftermarket makers like Mec-gar or Chip McCormick are good.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Avoid promag and USA magazines. Other aftermarket makers like Mec-gar or Chip McCormick are good.

That's it, exactly!
Buy manf. mags. if you cannot find the other two. MecGar is probably the only other one you'll find. I don't know if Chip Mc. makes mags. for the Bersa.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Pro Mag
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Normally i would say avoid USA.  dont know about promag.  But i have alot of USA mags for my 92 and was surprised they work.  

since i dont have a Bersa, i would suggest to get 1 USA/Promag and try if you cant find any mecgars.  I dont know if USA/Promag makes any mags for the Bersa either.

i can say that i havent been disappointed with mecgar on any of my autoloaders.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#5]
USA

Pro Mag

Western

all junk.  Triple K isn't all that impressive either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do I need to buy factory mags only?  I own a Bersa .380 and their website offers some Bersa Mags for about 30 bucks and they also feature some by a company called ProMag for half that.  Will the non Bersa brands work just fine?

Thanks dudes.

Listen to me then.  I had a Bersa .380 until someone stole it.  I purchased 3 of the ProMag for it direct from ProMags website.  All three worked 100%.  Absolutely no issues as to fit, finish, or function.  If I still had the gun I would not have any reservation about buying more ProMags for it.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no such thing as an extra magazine. Just as there is no such thing as extra money.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
ive had good luck with promag hk usp .45 mags, for the range.  had bad luck with mecgar ruger mk11 .22lr mags.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks dudes.

www.cdnninvestments.com/bersamagazines.html

personally, i'd get the factory mag over the promag even if it is twice the cost.

with that said, i've got 5 factory mags for my beretta and one pro-mag...  none of them have given me any trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top