Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 7:35:02 PM EDT
I'm looking for some snap caps that will last forever or close to it! The A-Zooms seem to be pretty well built but is the aluminium safe on the chamber and is it ok to load the gun with them like racking a semi-auto as if they were real bullets. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant remember who makes the ones I have now (aluminum from Bass Pro) but I can say that the plastic ones on the market dont last very long.  Aluminum is soft enough that it shouldnt hurt a chamber.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
A-zooms work great on my HP.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO yes, they are.  I have tried quite a few of the clear plastic ones with the brass "primer" but it seems the brass is dimpled quite deeply in no time at all.  The polymer "primer" of the A-Zoom seem to just keep on going and going...
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! I just spent a small fortune buying them in every caliber I own!
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate the clear plastic snap caps. The Azooms are the only ones I use now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top