Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 7:31:08 PM EDT
heheheheh I crack me up
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Was wondering when PRoK wised up. Guess not.......
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
hell I whish.... I happen to live in a county with a particularly big prick for a sheriff.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
what, why is this such a joke
I got my CCW when I turned 21.
Man I love the central Valley and haveing a farm
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang Snorkel_Bob, you are the first person I've head about having a CCW in tis state.

My godfather had one many moons ago. Back when truckloads of cars were being hijacked. He hauled cars.

What county are you in? In Alameda the sheriff won't give you one unless your a doc lawer or jewler  maybe a good buddy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Tulare county, the sheriff made that part of his campaign to allow CCW's. Mainly a farming community and alot of folks are out late at night with equipment and stuff. SO its a big deal around here.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
There is something wrong with the world when you can get a CCW in The Peoples Republic of Cali but not in Ohio![>Q]

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I know, next you will start hearing of people in PRNJ with CCW's. It is a sick world we live in.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats way I keep my pocket full of rocks, if a bad guy ever tries to get me boy do I have a surprise for him!

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Sad when protecting farm equipment is more important than protecting your own life or the lives of your family members.

That is what is wrong with the PRK politicians, they simply don't think good enough!

HAve I mentioned I really want out of the PRK?  My day will come though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Glockster,

As a former CA resident I can entirely sympathize.  The difference in the gun climate up here is incredible.  I applied for my permit on a Friday afternoon and asked the deputy sheriff how long it would take to process.  He looked up at the clock and said, "Well, the mail already went out today so we'll send you your permit on Monday."
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#13]
When I first went for mine I stopped by the court clerks office on a friday. As I got the application, she said the Judge would be in on Monday. If I got it back by the end of the day you could come and get it then. Needless to say that I got it done, and Monday morning I had my CCW. The trick is that you attend the saftey course before you apply here. There is no shooting requirement either. When I renewed mine I just filled out the application and the new one came in the mail in about 3 days. I love VA.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sad when protecting farm equipment is more important than protecting your own life or the lives of your family members.

Who said anything about protecting equipment and not ones life? The reason that a badguy would be out there would be to steal, but its still your ass that you are protecting. A CCW is not to save things of value, but only a life.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who said anything about protecting equipment and not ones life? The reason that a badguy would be out there would be to steal, but its still your ass that you are protecting. A CCW is not to save things of value, but only a life.

As a matter of fact, in CA killing someone in defense of property is murder. Unlike Texas, where you don't even have to drag them in......
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats right, I have the feeling that nothing is worht another mans life. Only going to use leathal defense in response to a lethal offense.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I got a CCW when I turned 18, in 1976.  They are still issued on a regular basis in Kern County.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#18]
dude, i have got to move to washington, or verginia, i just love that idea.

anyone know of a real cheap plot of land??
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not sure but I think its Vermont where you can carry concealed without even needing a license.  If you're gonna move that's the place.  For some reason it has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top