Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 5:58:53 AM EDT
Hey I was just on Caspian Arms Website and i saw that they have their cast t-6 aluminum frames on sale for like a hundred dollars.  i realize it's a casting and not as strong as a forging but, has anyone ever built up a pistol w/ one of these frames or know anyone who has?  I'm thinking about starting up a 1911 project in the near future and just wanted to get some input from other people.  I'm not sure whether to pick up one of the cast or the barstock aluminum frames.

thanks alot,

kyle
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Any Caspian frame for $100 is a good deal, I picked up two, one for a dedicated .22 and one for a .45 Commander...  
That said, the Barstock frames are worth the $$.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Caspian aluminum frames I have used (5) are
all good dimensionally buy are NOT hard-coat
anodized.That has to be done separately at
increased cost and hassle (it's difficult to
find someone to do it just a few frames at a
time. Even Caspian's anodizer-Westford Anodizing
is not recommended by me.) That said, I further
understand that Colt's aluminum frames are not
anodized anyway,but I don't know for sure.I
would want a frame anodized(hard-coat)that
would bear a steel slide.Caspian's alu.frames
are also oversized in the frame-rails for
custom fitting to the slide.Great feature,
if you know how to fit the slide.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you both for your imput. It is greatly appreciated.  Like I stated before, I'd love to start a 1911 project up and I've heard alot of good things about Caspain.

Thanks again,

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top