Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 12:43:18 AM EDT
I bought a few of boxes of Winchester FMJ 9mm and .40 ammo today and when I opened the boxes I was very surprised to see that the bullets were the same brass color as the case.

Is the copper brass washed? Will this effect accuracy at all, I assume its safe to use in the picky Glock barrel, right?

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used the Winchester "white box" 100 pack that I've been buying at Walmart for $10.96 exclusively in my SA XD9 without a hiccup.  For practice ammo I have yet to find a better deal anywhere.  YMMV
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've used the Winchester "white box" 100 pack that I've been buying at Walmart for $10.96 exclusively in my SA XD9 without a hiccup.  For practice ammo I have yet to find a better deal anywhere.  YMMV

I guess I should have mentioned that. The 9mm rounds were in the so called "100 round White Box". But the .40's weren't, they were packaged in the regular white box 50rounds per box. I sure wish they were brass washed color and why they did it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not washed, they have a copper alloy (Brass) jacket as seen in their WinClean ammo. Pull one and you'll see. Same thing minus the  enclosed base.

Why?
Because sheets of brass are cheaper than sheets of copper.

If you don't like it, stick to 50 round boxes of 9mm and 180 gr. in .40.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you don't like it, stick to 50 round boxes of 9mm and 180 gr. in .40.

It doesnt bother me. I am mostly worried about if there would be a change in performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top