Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 2:53:00 PM EDT
What can you tell me about them? How accurate, reliable and easy to carry (concealed) are they? I've been looking into buying my first pistol and a high capacity 9mm is always an option, but a high capicity .45 would be best, especially if they're under $600.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm selling mine because I never carry it.  Even my Sig 226 is far more comfortable to carry concealed.  

I will never give Glocks a bad rap, overall they are my first choice in handguns.  I carry a model 23 everyday and love it, it will always be my carry gun.

Bottom line: I'm 5'11", weigh 205, and I find it too large for a CCW.

just my .02
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How is it in reguards to accuracy and reliability?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Tuff call. The 21 is a large frame hand gun and with high capacity, 13 round mags, comes bulk both weight and size.  I just ordered a new 36 for $475.00 (LE discount) and will be seeing if this slimmer, smaller framed 6 round single stack model will carry any easier then my 21 would.  I've never considered CCH with my 21 as it's too BIG for me to consider it to be comfortable. IMHO  Depending on how much you intend to carry and how "concealed' you need it to be, the 21 may not be the best choice for this duty.  How you dress, casual, business suits etc, time spent sitting, driving etc will all effect your experience.  I'm just getting back into CCH and used to haul a .44 mag in a shoulder rig down in WA.  Compared to the 44 double action revolver

As fort the model 21 itself I'm very happy with for accuracy, ease of use, easy to clean and enjoyable to shoot etc.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The G21 is a very FAT gun.  You'd be had pressed to conceal it in anything other than a fanny pack or under heavy winter clothing. Alaska's G36 is much nicer.  The width of the slide on that model is actually pretty close to the G17/22 size.  Im waiting on the rumored G37 full size single stack to come out.  If its as good as the G36, I'll have to buy TWO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a G21 and a G17 and a G19 sold my G26 and will sell my G34 I carry my G17 when I’m out and keep my G21 loaded at home.

All of my glocks are accurate and reliable and lighter than almost any high-cap of like caliber.

Having said that I still have to say that unless you have larger than average hands the G21 will feel big and awkward in your hands. If you are used to glocks or are willing to practice a bit you will likely master it in no time. But if it felt too big or awkward before you practiced it still will after you have mastered it also.

I suggest going to a range where you can rent one and see what you think.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO, the Glock 21 is a fine pistol.  I am not a big Glock fan, and prefer 1911s and CZs for most applications; but, the Glock 21 has its place.

It is grip fat, but try on a CZ 97B for comparison, and you will wish for a Glock 21.  If you want a carry piece, go for a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) or a Glock 19 (9mm).  If you want a big all-purpose piece, but not necessarily a CCW, take a look at the Glock 21.

BTW, ROBAR offers slimming services for the grip.  Very pricey, but good quality.

As for reliability, it is as good as any other Glock, which is excellent.  As for accuracy, it is to the Glock standard, which is approximately 3-4" groups at 25 yards (give or take).  This is not a target pistol; it is a combat/LE pistol, but more capable than most people can shoot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Having tested most of the Glocks recently, the 21 was by far the favorite of the shooters. They are generally the most accurate out of the box Glock. Concealment is the problem it is big and fat. Since I have to carry a full size Beretta 92D Brigadier, anything is an improvement.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Very Accurate - I have one High Cap mag.  10 rnd Mags are real cheap- under $16.

I like it very much.  I have shot Wolf and other cheap Ammo without problem.

I have shot even my reloads that I can not shoot through others.

The only other Gun I like compared to it was the Para P14 Limited, which could shoot all shots of ammo.

Good choice for a .45
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
THE G21 IS GREAT AS A CARRY PIECE. IT OFFERS LARGE SIGHT RADIUS, WITH GOOD DEPENDABILITY. I USE A BLADE-TECH IN THE PANTS HOLSTER, AND A DESANTIS SPEED SCABBARD FOR CARRYING THE GUN CONCEALED.
HOPE THIS HELPS
GREEN
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I would say concealment depends on your size and dress.  I'm a pretty small dude (140 lbs) I can't get away with concealing my monster glock in the summer bet anytime I can were a light jacket, flannel, or something hevier it goes with me. As far a reliability it has never jammed a factory round and has only burped with some bad lead loads I made that were too lightly loaded (erratic velocities) and covered with exess lube.  I think the factory glock sights are too course for accurate shooting but that being said I turned my front sight around to get rid of that distracting dot and sand i the width of it to .120" I black out the crap on the rear sight with a magic marker and it shoots more accuratly than I can hold it.  To me the newer frames with finger grooves are much more comfortable to grip.  A piece of advice:  watch out for som of the older Gen. glock slides, mine was the old one w/o the bevel on the ejection port and that brass colored part on the underside of the slide.  If I slaped home a fresh mag from slidelock with round on top all the way back in the mag it would stove pipe.  I threw the slide up in a mill and fixed that quick! It is now beveled on that brass colored part and no longer suffers from its former condition.  This may be a tolorance issue that doesn't occur on all the old ones.  To check if yours might have this problem slide lock it w/o a mag in it and check that the lowest part of the slide doesn't protrude into the magwell (best seen by look from the magwell rather than the ejection port).  Hope I helped!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my 21 just fine.  I like my 30 even more.

Both fit in my bladetech IWB holster...  obviously the 30 is easier to conceal but the 21 is very doable.  

i personally don't care for the 36.  I might get one just to comlete my collection :)   if I want a small gun that only holds 6 shots then I'll get a revolver in .357.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top