Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 8:19:21 AM EDT
Heres the deal.  My wife has basically confiscated my Browning buckmark to keep for herself.  I therefore find myself in need of a new .22lr pistol.  I am currently considering either another buckmark, or a Ruger .22/45.  Now before someone mentions the standard configuration Mark IIs let me say that I carry a 1991A1 as a duty weapon and bought the Buckmark cause all the controls are in the right place.  My understanding is that they are on the .22/45 as well.  How does this weapon compare, sites, trigger, feel, etc. to the buckmark? Polymer does not bother me, heck, I just bought a polymer AR lower.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both the Ruger MKII and the Browning.  I've detailed this info many times elsewhere on this board so I'll give you the condensed version.  (Hint: Search for this topic, it comes up every few months)

My Ruger has somewhere in the vicinity of 25k rounds through it.  My browning has about 15k.

My Ruger is still as tight as the day I bought it.  The slide stop on my Browning is getting loose (aluminum frame hole elongating).  The glue-on (stake on?) finger tabs on the controls have been reglued.  

I think my Ruger is going to last longer.

They both shoot about the same:  Very well.  If anything the trigger on the Browning is very slightly better.

YMMV, but these have been my observations.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top