Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 4:33:40 PM EDT
I think this is probably an impossible hunt, but does anyone know where any quality hi-caps can be bought for the Ruger P-89? I am most interested in the factory Ruger or Mec-Gar brands as I know these will work. Any potential sources?

Also, what has been your experience with other aftermarket P-89 mags? I have heard several people say that they have had good luck with the dreaded USA and Triple K mags in their P89's. If I can't find Ruger or Mec-Gar what would be the next best choice? Or am I stuck with 10 rounders?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad, but Ruger 15 round mags dried up real fast after the ban.
Pro-mags are still around for $12.95 at J&G sales, just one example. They have a website too...www.jgsales.com
www.gunmags.com may have something.
I see another place offering P-17 (.40 cal factory) and claim they will hold 15 rounds for the P-89, priced at $22 each.      
Their order hotline is 1-800-666-9190
(the lips can be bent closer for the 9MM)
Good luck in your quest, maybe one of these options help you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I guess that shows just how many Ruger P Series autos are in use in the US. Maybe someday I can get lucky and find one or two that some individual has laid back. Otherwise I suppose I am stuck with 10 rounders.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
www.midwayusa.com had piles of the cheap ass brands of Ruger hi-caps not too long ago. You may want to check them out and see if they have any more left.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Try www.fourfourmags.com   I have a friend who has a Ruger and he says this place claims to have original Ruger mags for sale.  He is waiting on four of them.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used the USA 15 rnd mags in my P89. It doesn't care. This is primary redeeming feature of the P89. It doesn't seem to matter much what you put in one, it will feed and shoot from just about anything. The USA mags have actually worked flawlessly in mine.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
They can be found at gun shows around here.  I just picked up 2 used (but great condition) 15 round factory mags at a show for $30 each.  Pricey, but for a good condition factory mag I couldn't pass it up.  I also have a 15 round Mec-Gar in stainless that works great.  

To answer your question, check out some of the gun shows in your area.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have factory, RAM-line, and USA Mag  std capacity magazines for my P89DC. All 100% reliable. They are serving home defense gun duty.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I once accidentally put some 9mm rounts in a 10 round P91 magazine and was able to put 13 rounds in.  Just sayin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top