Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 10:13:28 AM EDT
Does anyone own a 4566? Do you own the original model and not the tactical model? I had seen one that i think was a 4566 while back it was like a cammander size and barrel seemed to be 4.25" length and it was a  SS  one too. It had 7 rd mag instead of 8 like the 4506.If you have one I would like to see pics of it. They are hard to find. If you had owned one let me know what you thought about it. The 4516 looks good too. i'm pretty sure it was a 4566, I never new much about this model, I have a article on it in an old magazine,but can't find it either,since I got so many magazines it will take a while,lol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
English translation:
(hopefully you'll take this in the spirit of me just jokin' w/ ya)

Quoted:

HAS anyone ownED aN ORIGINAL S&W MODEL 4566 before the NEW "tactical model" came out?

I haVE seen one that I BELIEVE was aN ORIGINAL 4566 Awhile back, IT APPEARED COmmander size'D IN LENGTH and THE barrel seemed to be ABOUT 4.25" lONG.

It HAD, LIKE THE MODEL 4566, A STAINLESS STEEL FINISH. It ALSO had A 7 rd mag CAPACITY instead of AN 8 ROUND MAG like the S&W MODEL 4506.

If you have one I'D like to see YOUR picTURES of it, AS they are hard to find. If you hAVE owned one, PLEASE let me know what you thought about it.

BTW, I'M SURE it was not a MODEL 4513 S&W, BUT it could have been A MODEL 4516,(ALTHOUGH every one I'VE seeN HAVE A 3.75" barrel and are not the same AS THE 4566 MODEL PISTOL).

I'M pretty sure THE ONE I'M ASKING ABOUT was a S&W MODEL 4566 (OF COURSE GIVEN MY TYPING SKILLS AND ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE, EVERYTHING WRITTEN HERE COULD BE SOME SORT OF DRUG FLASH-BACK OR AN EXAMPLE OF WHY YA SHOULDN'T POST WHILE DRUNK, I think).

IT SHOULD BE POINTED OUT THAT I HAVE never KnOwN much about this model S&W SEMI-AUTO 45. PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILE I have a article on it (IN THIS CASE I BELIEVE I'M STILL TALKING ABOUT THE S&W MODEL 4566, BUT OF COURSE IN MY CONDITION WHO'S TO SAY) in old magazine, but can't find it OR MY ASS either (FOR THAT MATTER), since I HAVE so many magazines PILED AROUND AMONGST THE 47,246 EMPTY BEER CANS THAT I CAN'T FIND IT AT THIS TIME, (LIKE IT WOULD HELP ME ANYWAY..),lol.

In answer to your question, brav, sorry can't help ya out, the only S&W semi-autos I ever owned was a Model 59, (wish to hell I'd have kept the thing, it's a collectors' item now) and a Model 1006, the civi version of the FBIs 10mm, (which I knew was gonna be a bust, that ones not getting sold).

Again I apologize for messin' w/ your post, but I had to read it so many times just trying to figure out what you were asking, I couldn't help myself......

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, I was typing to fast, I really dont spell like this unless typing to fast. I will fix it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That must have been the time period when Smith seemed to come out with a new model/version every month.
For a while I couldn't keep up with them as some were limited runs.
I have and like the 1st type...the 645, but it's the 5 incher.
Maybe get a "used value" type publication.
I have a few books at home, but right now I'm stuck here at work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the 4566 is the same model carried by Kentucky Fish & Wildlife officers. They are nice looking guns and seem to balance better than the longer 4506. From all I have heard they are nice, reliable pistols. I too would like to have one of them, but they are pretty rare. The KDFWR officers I have spoke with seem to like the S&W auto pretty well...no complaints.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I found one! A 4566 sittin' on the display at a Gander Mountain here.
Looked like a 4 3/4 bbl. and not really in that nice of shape either (honest wear).
There are asking $559, but right next to it is my favorite, the 645 for $389 in much nicer condition. You are right about the size of the 4566...nice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't help you with the 4566, but I will say, for the record, I like my 4506.  It's got a good trigger and is extremely accurate, as are most of the S&W 3rd Gen autos I've had a chance to shoot.  The only thing I'd change is the adjustable rear sight.  It's sort of...well, gay.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top