Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 7:10:07 PM EDT
I have a Kimber Ultra Compact 1911 with a 3" barrel.  My question relates to the dual recoil spring.  

How do you disassemble the two piece guide rod?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I purchased a new Wolff spring and would love to replace the factory springs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't there a "c-clip" on the end of the guide rod? Removing it will allow the springs to come right off, IIRC?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Take the slide off the frame. Hold the slide upside down with the guide rod facing up. Push the guide rod through the guide rod hole in the bottom of the slide and you will see a small hole in the guide rod. You can place a strong paper clip through it or you can go to a Kimber dealer and get the tool that should come with it to remove the guide rod. For more info go to Kimbers web site and download the free manual. Hope this helps. I own a Kimber Ultra campact as well. You can also just take the guide rod out real carefully without the tool, but the guide rod will come apart. You can then put your new springs on and have fun squeezing it back together. It really is not that bad though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top