Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2002 1:43:25 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these? It really fits my bill for a pocket gun with a decent caliber.
5.3'X4"

http://www.kahr.com/new_pm9093.html

Anybody have one of these? Anything to watch out for?

They are pretty expensive $600-$620 in the local retailers. Thats even more than the full size steel frame version! I assume its due to supply and demand? Can I expect to see this price come down in a few months?

Maybe these prices are unreasonable to begin with?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking gun.

Although I am not sure how long the pistol has been on the market, I would say I am 'jaded' by the track record of most pistol manufacturers.

2nd generation guns seem to be better overall.  

TRG
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The PM is fairly new.  Stop in over at the Kahr forum and ask about them, I think I recall one or two folks have bought them in the past 3 or 4 months.

Beachboy
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a PM9 about a week ago.  Have fired about 200 founds of FMJ for breakin with zero problems.  I will be trying out hollow points next range trip.  It seems like a nice little pistol.  I paid $579 with night sights here in Utah,  they around $100 less without the night sights.  So far it seems like a winner.  I am carrying it in my front pocket right now.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The dilemma right now is I hear the PM9 has insert an molded frame instead of a solid block pinned into a plastic grip. Don't know if this is true or not but I hear that there are alignment issues on the rails.

Now on the other side of the coin the Kahr MK9 is the same exact gun but a SS frame. From opinions expressed on the Web I have a tough time finding negative comments on the metal frame Kahr guns. The MK9 can be had much cheaper too but I get stuck carrying 1/2 a lb more than if I had the PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top