Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 12:33:13 PM EDT
I currently live in a small town in Eastern NC. My neighborhood is full of drug activity. I have lived here since 1991, and never been a victim of crime on my property. But, about 4 months ago, I was on the computer about 11 one night and went out to smoke. As I opened the back door I seen a male on my property. I asked him what the F**k he was doing. He then started to run. I had my mag might and told him to come here. He ran off into the night.

My primary weapons are:

XD .40 (night sites, stays about 3 ft from my bed)
Beretta M9 (stays in safe) with other guns
WSAR 10 AK-47 (stays in closet locked to a wall stud security system I desiged)

My concerns:

Should I hide the Beretta somewhere around the house, in my bedroom, or leave it locked in my safe? Shoud I keep the AK unlocked in the closet? I feel more confident with my XD over my M9.
How should I position my weapons?

From a tactical standpoint:

I also have a Streamlight HP on a piggyback charger in my closet. Would It be wise to move this near my bed with my XD? I think my night sites are enough to get me to the closet to grab my streamlight.  

I even thought about repositioning my bed to be beside my closet door.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
i would say just walk around the house with the xd.  

the neighborhood my gf lives in is not the greatest.  and i basically live with her.  i work nights and on my nights off i take care of trash and other stuff outside.  so when i am going outside i slap my cz75 in a holster and belt that to my hip and go about my business.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

the neighborhood my gf lives in is not the greatest.  and i basically live with her.  i work nights and on my nights off i take care of trash and other stuff outside.  so when i am going outside i slap my cz75 in a holster and belt that to my hip and go about my business.  

Nice pistol choice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice pistol choice.

that is why i got it--to gain your approval.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
There is probably a much greater chance that somebody will break into your house when you're at work than you having to use a gun that you strategically placed around the room.

So I would keep my favorite handgun on person or near me at all times and keep the others well secured and locked up.

If you need to get the AK, carry the handgun to get you to the safe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My strategy is always be armed (for me S&W 642 in the pocket). Don't give up cover. If they're outside or in the house call the police. Don't go after them let them come to you. They can take whatever's in the house. It's replaceable. If they make there way to where you & your loved ones are punch there ticket. As for lights, get a weapon mounted light for your XD. My bedside piece (Kimber TLE in a push button safe) has a Surefire X200 on it.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is probably a much greater chance that somebody will break into your house when you're at work than you having to use a gun that you strategically placed around the room.

So I would keep my favorite handgun on person or near me at all times and keep the others well secured and locked up.

If you need to get the AK, carry the handgun to get you to the safe.

+1

If you are going outside at night in your questionable neighborhood, that XD should be on you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
get a motion light.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice pistol choice.

that is why i got it--to gain your approval.

Well I am glad you have realized how important my approval is.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
On the serious note. I think if you live in a bad area if you even open the door at night you should have a pistol on you. I live in a good area and I have one available even if I am home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top