Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:41:13 AM EDT
I heard some of the Stainless versions of the new series 70 1911 Colts have had some serious issues and many people have had to send theirs back. This was posted awhile back on arfcom. I can't remember the exact issue though..  Anyone know more about this? As soon as I get enough money put back I intend to purchase one and don't want to get a lemon. Also any idea ballpark wise of the fair market price on a Stainless 70 repo? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I paid $800 for mine. I have never seen it or shot it though, so I can't speak to anything but the price.

Besides, I know jack shit about 1911s besides what the Subject Matter Experts I know taught me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SS 70 rep.  The fit and finish is great and I have not heard of any problems. Mine is back at Colt because the brass goes over your head and not out beside you.  Not a big problem but when my wife shoots it the brass hits her in the face.  I paid $791.76 from buds gunshop. I have been thinking of getting a 2nd one.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a blue and stainless one.  Fit and finish on both is excellent.  Hopefully Colt is getting back on board.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have only heard good things about them.

The only I have again them is Colt forcing us to pay a premium price for a Colt 1911A1 that is made like it should be, or at least close.

I's like to have one but it's gonna have to wait until I get some other guns first.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that the fact that you almost never see any of the new Series 70 guns on the used market means that everyone is damn happy with them.  I'm itching for one I just refuse to pay the premium price that's out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top