Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 10:22:31 AM EDT
Yesterday someone was shooting their Ruger .22 pistol and was in an awkard position shooting with their right hand from behind a barrier to the left.  Well I used my they used their left hand to steady things up a bit and wasn't paying attention to where their thumb was.  

Anyway it removed about an 1/8 of an inch of their left thumb nail all the way to the meat in a neat little triangel design.  The tip of the slide caught it.  The guy said it hurt too...... I wouldn't know

This dude shoots all the time, always uses the upmost care in being safe, but was so focused on the target he got careless and paid a samll but painful price.  He will be ok, the pistol is ok, and the target was terminated.

I am sure that he isn't the only one this had happend too, cause I can feel my thumb hurt just talking about it
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it's happened to me before.  Not the thumbnail thing, thank christ, but I was dumb enough to have my thumb raised up right behind the slide (I can't remember which one, actually) as I fired.  The thumb and part of my hand got nice and numb.

Didn't even know it was bleeding until I noticed there was blood all over the steering wheel half-way to my house.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I also know a guy that did the same thing, but rather the thumb nail it was the flesh part.  Boy did it hurt, err, boy it looked like it hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top