Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 5:06:27 AM EDT
Like the Ruger MkII/III, Wlather P22, Browning, etc?

Does it have something to do with the rimfire ammunition or jus the company's not wanting to give people hi-cap .22LR's for some reason?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I think double stack .22 lr's are not reliable. My 10/22 ramline mags were double stacked, and the worst feeding mags I have used ever. The rim probably causes some double stack issues. Just my 2 cents, not for sure on this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It is the rim itself that causes problems.  
Careful design is required to prevent locking on a single stack, thus the typically high angles or the rotary types.
A double stack would be even worse, and unless loaded vary carefully would have a lot of lock up issues.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
have you ever tried to work the bolt on an enfield when the rims aren't lined up properly?  you really have to force that thing and end up nicking the rims up kinda bad.  and if it was rimfire then it might cause an accidental discharge.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The ciener 22cal 1911 converison that was made before 94 came with a 15 round mag.  The mags were expensive then and I don't know if you can get them now.  Have had no issues with the two I have.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My Advantage Arms Glock conversion mags look like they slightly double-stack... the rims alternate slightly to the left or right, but the bullets stack on top of each other. Not sure why, as the capacity is limited to 10 rounds (made in CA). Seems to work OK though - no reliability issues.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I would think that as fat as some doble stack .45 mags are that they could make a mag that feeds like the tear drop 10/22 mags. Even a 20rder would be cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top