Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:47:14 AM EDT
I was so pissed after going to the range last night. I took my new SIG to try and get more used to it and I had to deal with idiots all night. I went to my local indoor range. They're a great group of guys that own it and the facility is in great shape. I went in, purchased my ammo, and headed for my lane. As I was loading my first mag, I heard what sounded like somebody shooting a automatic pistol caliber carbine. Nope, it was some idiot next to me shooting his Glock 17 with a 33 round clip "gangsta" style. He was unloading that thing like he had a hoard of zombies in front of him and the target was, no shit, FIVE FEET IN FRONT OF HIM! The range master was shaking his head. He told me the kid was a member and never broke any rules besides being an unconsiderate ass. Thankfully the moron burned through his 200 rounds in fifteen minutes and left. Then some guy who thought he was "hard" came in, rented a .44 magnum revolver and then proceeded to try and impress his girlfriend by missing the target completely at 10 FEET! Other than that, the night was fine.

Now that I'm done venting, what do you guys hate seeing at the range?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I pretty much hate seeing people at the range.  I usually just go shoot on my dad's farm.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
<snip>

At the indoor ranges around here... the prices.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You know, every once in a while it's fun to rapidly blow lots of holes in a target that's only a few feet away, gangsta-style.  Here I was, just trying to have a good time at the range, and some gun-snob has to come in, act like he owns the place, and make snide comments about me to the range officer.  What did I do to him???
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate the slowfire bullseye guys, who take all day to do their thing, want the range shut down so that they can go look at their scores, etc.  They interfere with my practice at realistic defensive shooting.  If all you want to do is play tiddlywinks, why tie up a shooting range?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Thankfully the moron burned through his 200 rounds in fifteen minutes and left.

What's wrong with that?  Are you one of those anti-gun, one round every three seconds hunters?z
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hate to see people at the range.

That's why I built my own range at home.

If anyone else is on my range, they are trespassing.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I don't like empty ranges. You never get to see something different or new. I've got to shoot alot of stuff I don't own that way. You sure get pissed easily!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The only range I go to is outdoor..and the only thing I hate about it is there are no dividers so if its full you get slapped in the head with hot shells.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#10]
On the lanes?   Nothing really, as long as they're safe, it's all good.

Now in the store, I hate hearing people talking about products (inaccurately), spreading myths, etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well I don't like empty ranges. You never get to see something different or new. I've got to shoot alot of stuff I don't own that way. You sure get pissed easily!

+1

I love seeing others at the range.  Never know what unique firearm you might see or ge to shoot.

LB
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
That is nothing!  I took of work early and went to the NF shooting range.  It was cold with some rain/snow showers so I figured that I could have the range all to myself so I could shoot for groups.  There were 5 idiots there with their new AK's.  The range has had a problem with people shooting junk and they have spent thousands of dollars cleaning the place up because people constantly shoot home appliences.  The rules are paper targets only.  These dip shits were throwing empty beer bottles in the air and trying to hit them with their AK's.  Then they decided to line up the bottles on the 10 yard berm and do mag dumps.  There was a couple 2 lanes down that was getting pelted with glass.

They then had the bright idea to shoot at a can of gasoline and try to ignite it with tracer rounds.  Well we are under extreme fire danger and the rain we were getting wouldn't slow a fire down.  Luckely they were not able to even hit the 5 gallon can at 100 yards.  They even had a huge scope and bi-pod on the AK.

And we wonder why public ranges are getting closed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I know it's easier said than done sometimes ACClauhs but try not to sweat the small stuff. You'll be a better man for it.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As long as they're safe I really don't care what other people do at the range.

Same here, but there are times when you just wanna strangle some asshats.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Folks giving me the evil eye because I am rapid firing my guns and wasting ammo, it's my ammo isn't it.

Last time I went the range, I set-up next to a guy with his kids shooting bolt actions, he gave me a look like I was the death because I showed up with an AR-15 and an AK-47. I think he flipped his lid when I started rapid-firing at the gong just beyond the 100 yd. line. I didn't want to disturb their one shot every 5 mins. What are you shooting at?-He asks. Me-The gong just beyond the 100 yd. line on the hill, I'm seeing if I can hit the gong with every round open sighted and testing my speed of target acquisition. I think I got his attention because they asked if I wanted to set-up targets.

I don't always go to rapid fire me guns, sometimes I test the rifle and sometimes I test me. What you see me shooting and practicing today, I might not bring or do tomorrow. I'm not breaking any rules, just testing me skills so I know that I will hit you every round in the mag, if the need arises.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I have two ranges I currently go to.  One is a state park run one--there is a bunch of game land around it.  However it is a 30 minute drive but it is free.  

The other range I frequent is indoors and is quite popular (and close to me).  However, it attracts the usual sort of morons (especially the ghetto "thugs") and it is QUITE amusing to see them shoot.  How they can be so inaccurate at so close boggles my mind!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate Nazis at the range who bitch about what other people are doing. I don't care how fast people shoot, what mags they use, how they hold the weapon, or anything else as long as they are being safe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I pretty much hate seeing people at the range.  I usually just go shoot on my dad's farm.

+1
Happiness is having the range all to yourself!! Then you can shoot at your own pace, hang targets when you want, shoot at 100 yard targets with your 1911 upside down, and scrounge through the brass on the ground all without having people look at you funny!

I know it shouldn't be this way, but trying to shoot with other people at the range always seems like it disturbs me and them. I think most people prefer shooting without an audience, they are alot mroe comfortable that way. To your point though, some people are easier to shoot with than others.
It is neat to see what other people bring to the range though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hate Nazis at the range who bitch about what other people are doing. I don't care how fast people shoot, what mags they use, how they hold the weapon, or anything else as long as they are being safe.

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I hate people that are so quick to judge others by what they are shooting,
how they are shooting, or how good they are with their firearms.  Even thugs
have to start somewhere right?  Were any of us born accurate shooters? I think
not...practice makes you better.  So as long as others are safe and not jeopardizing
your well being who cares what they were doing.  Like others have commented here
it is comical to watch some people shoot.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#22]
my ranges are private clubs I'm usually the one doing 30+ round mag dumps
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate muzzleloaders at my old outdoor range. I can only fire one shot every 2 seconds, but they can blow a cloud of smoke accross the entire line.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hate muzzleloaders at my old outdoor range. I can only fire one shot every 2 seconds, but they can blow a cloud of smoke accross the entire line.

I wish I knew why people have problems with rapid fire.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#25]
The best are the idiots who don't realize that a "cold range" means the whole range is cold. Nothing is more fun than running and screaming after hearing shots while you're still downrange And usually these are the same people who have trouble staying on paper at 10 feet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I hate the stalkers....
Just about every time I attend my club to shoot... This older guy shows up.
He lives nearby and I guess whenever he hears gunfire he gets into his little car and heads over to see who might need some unsolicited advice or hear him brag about his Thompson Contender in 45/70 or some other who gives a fuck caliber...
Friggin' guy wastes more of my time than... I dunno what.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I hate the stalkers....
He lives nearby and I guess whenever he hears gunfire he gets into his little car and heads over to see who might need some unsolicited advice or hear him brag about his Thompson Contender in 45/70 or some other who gives a fuck caliber...

I quit going to one range because of a similar guy. He was worse in that he would show up and wander around picking up your brass as you fired. He didn't even bother to ask if he could have it. The fuckwad even wore gloves because the brass was still hot. I started using my South African 5.56mm when I went there. I wonder how long it took him to realize he couldn't reload the cases?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes I just go to the range to get a tan and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on the radio.  Back the truck up to the line, set up a plate at 50 yards, whoop out the old dubba deuce and crack one off every once in a while.

It's quiet, peaceful (except for the .22 reports every little while and the "ding" they make on the steel), and I can't think of a more politically conservative activity than shooting and listening to Rush.

BTW, I do not do this unless the range is unoccupied and I stop whenever anyone else shows up.  I'd consider it rude to have the radio on when someone else wanting to shoot and immediately turn it off if somebody else shows up.

Would this piss you off?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I hate going to the range and having guys there who worry more about the shit I am doing than minding thier own business.  I hate Elmer Fudd types that don't understand my 30rnd magazines and full auto fire. I hate the inconsiderate gun owners who won't buy silencers and make me listen to thier loud guns, no different than those who ride around in thier boom box cars making me listen to thier music.

Mostly I hate the Elmer Fudds who think the second amendment is somehow related to duck hunting.

Hey, I'll give you my address so you can send me the money to buy a silencer.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

I shoot at an indoor range, unfortunatly I don't have access to an outdoor one.
The range I go to doesn't rent guns, which drastically lowers the squirrel factor.
There are yo-yos that shoot there, but for the most part they are few and far between.
I've had a couple bitch that the M1 Garand  was to loud.
Last time I shot my AR, this guy and his son with his 1911 &  Sigs shooting next to me.
When I started shooting, he put his pistol down and muttered "God Damn Rifles" to my buddy.
His answer: "Why'd you come to a shooting range if you're gonna bitch about  noise?"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Indoor range rants.

I hate having to shoot a pistol in the rifle section. Especially when some asshat with an M1A is standing six feet back from where he's supposed to. Even with muffs, the blast of a 308 two feet away from your head is pretty distracting indoors.

I hate people who walk in with out hearing protection on.

I hate how the suction fans are placed behind the shooter at my local indoor range. Right in front and above the shooter would be great. I don't mind the gun smoke, but having a black face after about 300 rounds really sucks.

I hate when older shooters try to explain how to operate a weapon you just shot 300 rounds out of.

I hate when people act condescending but frequently do muzzle sweeps and always have their trigger on the finger. These same guys usually shoot the walls, floor, and ceiling.

I hate the revolver fags who scream "Yeah" and look around laughing as loud as they can after every shot. You know, the annoying assholes who come up and ask "Did you see that one" about ten times in a row right when you're in the middle of shooting. These guys also give joking jabs about how your auto pistol isn't a mans gun, all though they couldn't get all six shots on target to save their lives.

I just now realized how much I really don't like indoor ranges.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I try real hard not to "hate" (bad for the old blood pressure), but I could do without those that try and divide us.  I won't stand next to a short barreled AR if given a choice, but I'll take that over a first class seat next to either Clinton, or Boxer, or Kennedy, or ...  Tell you what, when the time comes, I'll shoot the far ones slow, you shoot the close ones fast, and when we get tired of that, let's switch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I quit going to one range because of a similar guy. He was worse in that he would show up and wander around picking up your brass as you fired. He didn't even bother to ask if he could have it. The fuckwad even wore gloves because the brass was still hot. I started using my South African 5.56mm when I went there. I wonder how long it took him to realize he couldn't reload the cases?

lol... I didn't realize it until after we got back but my dad took this pic of me and the troll man in the background.

Big pic so just click :P

www.maximumoc.com/img/SW1911PD/sys4.jpg
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate the stalkers....

I would have said "Hey thanks for picking up my brass buddy, you can put it in the back of my truck." And if he argues remind him its your brass and that you have the gun and he has some empy shells.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I hate to see basic safety rules violated. I could care less how fast or slow someone shoots at targets near or far, but don't muzzle sweep the entire firing line.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#37]
well seeing as it's billed by time spent, he maximized his time.  got the most bang for the buck, literally

Thankfully the moron burned through his 200 rounds in fifteen minutes and left.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#38]
lols good 1

Quoted:
You know, every once in a while it's fun to rapidly blow lots of holes in a target that's only a few feet away, gangsta-style.  Here I was, just trying to have a good time at the range, and some gun-snob has to come in, act like he owns the place, and make snide comments about me to the range officer.  What did I do to him???

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I pretty much hate seeing people at the range.  

Bah, humbug. You stole my reply.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Shulze,    
sorry bro its how I feel though.  I don't like having to wait for someone else to finish up so I can go set up targets.  I am always nervous downrange when someone is back on the line.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I practice on an empty range. If there's somebody else on the range, I just go to another. Three pistol ranges and three rifle ranges to work with.

I hate pretty much anything to do with anybody else when on a range, unless they have been invited and have come with me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

This is my favorite shooting. All the old duffers with their br rests and timed shots. Bam put alittle white smoke to make things interesting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank God I live in Yuma, AZ-one big OPEN range.  Even when I go back to Texas the family ranch is waiting for me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess the word "BUMP" and "FIRE" should not be posted anywhere in this thread
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

At the indoor ranges around here... the prices.

+1
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:43:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate the stalkers....

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Next Time I see my little friend I'll ask him if he has a brother in KY
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is nothing!  I took of work early and went to the NF shooting range.  It was cold with some rain/snow showers so I figured that I could have the range all to myself so I could shoot for groups.  There were 5 idiots there with their new AK's.  The range has had a problem with people shooting junk and they have spent thousands of dollars cleaning the place up because people constantly shoot home appliences.  The rules are paper targets only.  These dip shits were throwing empty beer bottles in the air and trying to hit them with their AK's.  Then they decided to line up the bottles on the 10 yard berm and do mag dumps.  There was a couple 2 lanes down that was getting pelted with glass.

They then had the bright idea to shoot at a can of gasoline and try to ignite it with tracer rounds.  Well we are under extreme fire danger and the rain we were getting wouldn't slow a fire down.  Luckely they were not able to even hit the 5 gallon can at 100 yards.  They even had a huge scope and bi-pod on the AK.

And we wonder why public ranges are getting closed.

Once in a blue moon, I go and shoot there when I am visiting my folks nearby.

Never ran into anyone that bad there.  Last time I ran into some good ole boys with a Yugo SKS that was single shot and driving them nuts.

I showed them how the gas cut off worked and they though I was Einstien!

Next time you are in town let me know.  We can go shooting
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is my favorite shooting. All the old duffers with their br rests and timed shots. Bam put alittle white smoke to make things interesting.

The idiot rangemaster would put them right in the middle of everyone instead of putting them in one of the empty bays at the end.

I also hate people who yell when they are wearing their hearing protection.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I just don't like the total disregard for the most basic safety rules by many people at the range.  Here are a few things I see people do EVERY time I go shooting:

*A ceasefire is called, and people are downrange.  While there are people downrange, there are people sitting at the benches, handling their firearms and loading mags.  The right thing to do is to get out of your seat at the bench, step back from the bench, and do not return to the bench until everybody has returned from checking their targets.

*Someone loads a handgun and proceeds to fire from behind the bench while there are people sitting at the bench.  One slip and someone could easily be shot.  Bad idea!

*Someone is throwing clays with a hand thrower for a shooter who is positioned behind him.  Again, BAD IDEA!

*A father lets his young son shoot his 9mm double stack pistol for the first time without any real instruction.  Instead of standing behind his son "at the ready" just in case he muzzle sweeps the entire line with his finger on the trigger, he just ignores him and lets him do his thing.

^(I was almost shot this way at Nocamixon when a young kid let a round fly right over my head)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top