Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:43:12 AM EDT
After a few months of searching for that nice CHEAP Star Model B, I've got one on the way. Anyone here have one of these? Just looking for sources of parts, words of wisdom, etc. I've searched the net and found one website with some info, and one discussion forum. Would like to find a source of grips, spare parts etc. Any advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Check with Numrich. They have some parts for your Star.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
In my book, the BM Compact is a far better deal than the large frame models. Why have such a huge, heavy gun, to shoot a mere 9mm cartridge? Other than getting a deal on a C & R license, I see no reason to bother. You can be out the door with a BM, tax, shipping, dealer fee and a spare mag for less than $200, and have a really slick little gun. All machined steel, 7.2" long, 8 rd single stack mag, nice sights, trigger pull.  The BM's 28 oz weight is about right for the size and caliber, to make it easily controlable in rapidfire, by almost anyone. Loaded with CorBon's  100 gr PowRBall ammo, it's accurate, reliable, reasonably effective.  The Star BM is a helluva deal, actually.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the B quite a bit.  I should have bought a pallet of them a few years back.  

Words of wisdom:  

1911 holsters will work in a pinch but the gun will rattle around in there somewhat.  
Don't dry-fire the Model B, that has a tendency to break the firing pin.

Numrich and Marstar may have a few parts, but they are hard to come by.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Had one and sold it. It was a great gun but parts (extracters and firing pins) are impossible to find. Numerich carries parts for the full sized guns but not really for the B model. Its pretty accurate and the trigger is sweet.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.
Unusual: I tend to agree with you. Should have got a BM (helluva name) or Super, but I was actually more interested in a full-size gun and I got an unbelievable deal on this Model B in excellent cond. with 2 mags.
Still trying to find a spare extractor, these seem the hardest to find.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Some outfit call M &M Parts was the smith for the outfit that used to import stars.  I have their phone number someplace.  I'll look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top