Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:35 PM EDT
Anybody here think the Kimber Warrior .45ACP is an overrated pistol?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Its just a damn Series 1 pistol with a light rail. I could duplicate it for $650. And whats with all the warriors running around with no lights? Why bother?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, its underated IMO. It is one of the only kimbers with out that dam firing pin block.  Aslo when I bought mine it was one of the only kimbers with an internal extractor.  Tell me how you would make a 1911 of that quality for $650.00?  I sure as hell couldn't.  One of the best new gun purchases I have made.  I would spend the $950.00 over again in a heart beat.  My wife shoots it better than my Ed Brown.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to have one.  Not overrated at all.  If I hadn't bought my series I Kimber I'd have a Warrior.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Fglocker_Plz:

Anyone here think he has an agenda?

Anyone think it must suck to be stuck with 10 round magazines?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Only thing worse would be being stuck with a 7rd mag .
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you own a Warior in California?  Seems a little too tactical for such a conservative state.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:51:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can you own a Warior in California?  Seems a little too tactical for such a conservative state.

I don't think California and Conservative go in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can you own a Warior in California?  Seems a little too tactical for such a conservative communist state.

There ya go.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I love mine one of the best pistols I have ever owned bar none. Ihave yet to have any problems with mine, It is as accurate as my gold combat and as reliable as any pistol I have had yet. As far as ten round mags I figure if I dont have the situation resolved by the time I get through 8 or ten rounds even I brought the wrong weapon to the fight.

This picture was taken whe in it was fairly new it looks alot different now. Well used would be the word that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nope, its underated IMO. It is one of the only kimbers with out that dam firing pin block.  Aslo when I bought mine it was one of the only kimbers with an internal extractor.  Tell me how you would make a 1911 of that quality for $650.00?  I sure as hell couldn't.  One of the best new gun purchases I have made.  I would spend the $950.00 over again in a heart beat.  My wife shoots it better than my Ed Brown.
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/bs101177/KimSara2.jpg

I would take a $550 Series 1 pistol and attach a YoBo light rail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The Warrior is a fantastic $725 1911.

Too bad it's not $725...if it didn't say "Warrior" and try to pass of as the Det1 gun it would be the same price as the TLE/RL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Fglocker_Plz:

Anyone here think he has an agenda?

He post the same types of questions on all the handgun forums, including the Glock forum, and AFAIK he doesn't even own a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you own a Warior in California?  Seems a little too tactical for such a conservative communist state.

There ya go.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with that you'd have a used gun with a non-integral light rail.

People are very quick to dismiss the Warrior, but in truth it is priced exactly where it should be.  It's not underrated, and it's not overrated.  If you sit down and add up the parts and finishing you get just a little over what the MSRP of the gun is.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes. Its just a damn Series 1 pistol with a light rail. I could duplicate it for $650. And whats with all the warriors running around with no lights? Why bother?

I'm in for FIVE , when can you ship?

I didn't say I could do it overnight!  Thats the "I hunted gun shows for a few months" price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]
OK Burrito, you have a point. Perhaps I was a little quick to condemn. If it can be found for under $1k I suppose it ain't a bad piece. It's just not worth all of the hype that I see online about it. People ran out and bought them for $1200 while the Series 1 Anniversary guns were still available and carry them around with no light. Now that (with the exception of 10-8 Kimbers) its the only recent Series 1 model, I can see a point for getting one.

But definitely overhyped.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know.  It's still a Kimber.  

Ick.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#19]
No............................................... Kimbers rock.........................100% good to go...............Never have to worry about it not going bang and not going were i want it to.............Can't put a price tag on that kind of realiablity............................................. Rock on Kimber
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OK Burrito, you have a point. Perhaps I was a little quick to condemn. If it can be found for under $1k I suppose it ain't a bad piece. It's just not worth all of the hype that I see online about it. People ran out and bought them for $1200 while the Series 1 Anniversary guns were still available and carry them around with no light. Now that (with the exception of 10-8 Kimbers) its the only recent Series 1 model, I can see a point for getting one.

Do the Series 1 anniversary Kimbers have the night sights?  I would not mind picking one up if they go for that kind of money and are as good as my Warrior.  The worst thing about my Kimber Warrior is the name "Warrior".  To make things worse they put it on the slide.  At least they did not use the BIG font like S&W did.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with that you'd have a used gun with a non-integral light rail.

People are very quick to dismiss the Warrior, but in truth it is priced exactly where it should be.  It's not underrated, and it's not overrated.  If you sit down and add up the parts and finishing you get just a little over what the MSRP of the gun is.

I would add, that Kimber is one of those hit or miss companies given the high volume of product that they churn out. If +/- $550 is worth the risk of a hit or miss series one, the extra $ for the light rail AND THE ATTENTION TO QC THEY ARE LIKELY TO INVEST INTO A FLAGSHIP PISTOL might indeed be worth every penny.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do the Series 1 anniversary Kimbers have the night sights?  I would not mind picking one up if they go for that kind of money and are as good as my Warrior.  The worst thing about my Kimber Warrior is the name "Warrior".  To make things worse they put it on the slide.  At least they did not use the BIG font like S&W did.

I don't believe it has night sights. Kimber night sights are second class anyway, if you ask me.

But at least there is no marking that says "capable of firing with magazine removed," right?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#23]
All S & W is missing is the  >this end towards target> markings.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't know.  I guess it all depends on what the buyer wants.  Now that Kimber has gone back to Internal Extractor I see no reason to get the warrior.  I think the TLE and TLE/R are a great buy.  If one wanted they could change out the guide rod to a G.I. type, put on a Novak rear sight, ambi-safety(optional) and new grips.  The Kimpro finish is not all that it is cracked up to be so one could get what ever finish they wanted.  If you absolutely had to have a lanyard loop on the MS housing, then EGW makes a great one.  It boils down to the buyers intended use of this gun and if they are going to want to change things later on (as we all know we get a 1911 and have to do something to it).  in_burrito does bring up a good point.  It really boils down to what the buyer wants and how the gun will be used.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.  I guess it all depends on what the buyer wants.  Now that Kimber has gone back to Internal Extractor I see no reason to get the warrior.  

I thought the Warrior lacked the firing pin safety.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yes.

No
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Over rated? No.
Over hyped? Yes.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.  I guess it all depends on what the buyer wants.  Now that Kimber has gone back to Internal Extractor I see no reason to get the warrior.  

It probably doesn't.  But if it has one or not it does not bother me.  If one wants a "true" 1911 without the firing pin safety they should not be looking at a kimber or most other manufactures that feature added safety systems.   Back to the topic, I feel the Warrior has been priced about right.  It's up to the buyer if it is what they want or need.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Over rated? No.
Over hyped? Yes.

plus 1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Warrior Does NOT have a firing pin saftey.  This to me is worth the extra price over the other Kimbers.  conservative state, ha ha.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]
With me and my gunshops' experience with Kimbers, no. None of the new ones are worth it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I know you didn't just call California a conservative state...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It probably doesn't.  But if it has one or not it does not bother me.  If one wants a "true" 1911 without the firing pin safety they should not be looking at a kimber or most other manufactures that feature added safety systems.  

So three guys that have no idea what they are talking about are still discussing the relative merits of this firearm.

Ain't the interweb grand?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#36]
The warrior and the SA operator are some of the best 1911 value's out there right now.
They both shoot sufficiently to be used in a target match w/trigger work, and their fit/finish/feature-PER$ quotient is un-matched.

I've had $900 worth of parts and labor invested in something like 5 custom 1911's, when you consider what this gun has, for the price, it's a damned good value.

Again, all they need are a little trigger massaging and they are great.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So three guys that have no idea what they are talking about are still discussing the relative merits of this firearm.

Ain't the interweb grand?

Point of my post was to remind them that the Warrior is not just a TLE now with the demise of the external extractor, it is one of the two current production models without the Swartz safety... something that is roundly despised by most 1911 aficionados

And no, I don't have a Warrior, nor do I want one.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Do the Series 1 anniversary Kimbers have the night sights?

No they did not.  They are basicaly the same as the original Classic Customs with different slide markings & stocks, and the rear sight face slants forward.

The 1911 forum is the place to look for Warrior information, some users are very happy, others have issues.  A dealer told me a long time ago that guns are like cars, some are just put together than others.  You have got to be lucky!

Hilton Yam seems to like them.  Search for him, he has a page at his Web site that evaluates many production 1911's.

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Overrated?

Hardly.

Overpriced? Overhyped?

Yes & Yes.

I got mine for a little over a thousand including shipping, insurance & transfer fees.  I'm more than satisfied with it for a factory pistol.

If things start to fail on it, like parts fail on lots of mechanical items, I will send it off and have it "customized" a little.  Which is what I seem to be doing with most of my weapons anyway.

I think it is a great starting point for an excellent pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#40]
.........Ain`t kimbers the ones who brag about being made by "MIM"?......I`m confused......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top