Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 2:10:11 PM EDT
Anyone have any info on this model I went to the XD forums to get info on it and at any mentions of how it preforms the XDophiles started arguing with each other so does anyone have any unbiased info/experience with this model.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
a buddy of mine has had one for almost 2 yrs....its a smooth shooter

i put maybe over 100rnds through it (he probably has put over 1000rnds) and i had 0 problems; i dont think that he has had any problems, besdies a couple ammo problems

the trigger is kinda gritty and i dont care much for the grip safety

h/w, its a smooth shooter and fast pointer!

finish is the old style that wears out pretty easily
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, and love it.
Great little pistol.
The only thing I'd do differently, is buy it with night sites.
I had to send mine out to have the front site replaced. I couldn't do it myself, the gunsmith I took it to broke his sight pusher and had to ship the pistol out to have it done.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW

I just got a 5" XD9 today and just got back from the range. I put 115 rounds though it (NIB) without any problems. I am going to an outdoor range this weekend and will put another 300 though it.
I really like it. It point shoots great. Grip feels really good. The mag release and slide stop are a little tough but I can feel it breaking in and getting better the more I play with it.
The mags are tough as a brick (compared to others)! Both mags drop free when empty and both locked the slide when empty.
I read a bunch before getting mine and a few have posted about the trigger. It has a long take up so double taps are going to tough. The take up for me is not a problem and I actualy like a little more pull.
I am coming from the 1911 world and this is my first Tupperware. I picked the XD for 2 main reasons
#1  Price compared to a Glock. Glock 17 was beat buy about $175 NIB
#2  The grip safety. I would prefer to have a firing pin/lever type safety but not much of todays plastic crap has it.
On top of that it comes with a mag loader, mag pouch, and a holster. Also I think it looks better than a Glock.

I need to add I got the Taktical Green one

Samuel
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a green one a little over a year and ago and it works fine. No failures other than a intentional FTE due to limp wristing.
The finish on the slide isn't that durable but I never had any problems with it. The newer models have a more durable finish.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL i'm on the XD forum too.  But anyways.

I have had my Bi-Tone XD for about a month and a half.  I put about 700 rounds through it.  My girlfriend who is 5'2" and my brother shot about 350 of those rounds.  

No problems.  No jams.

Haven't had any slide finish problems on my Bi-Tone XD and it was made in dec. of 2004.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
the bi-tone seems to be a bit more durable....I'm just not a bi-tone fan.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my 3" XD9 Bi-tone about 3 weeks ago.  Put 125 rounds through it today with no problems and Ive put about 200 total though it now and no jams and 0 problems.  Now I just got to get to be a better shot with it.  My next gun will be a 4" though for sure.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one briefly that I purchased from a fellow shooter.  He only had about 500 rounds thru it without a hiccup.  He had the slide and all the metal parts NP3'd and it was  a slick little gun.  I shot 3 or 4 matches with it without problems.  I got the itch to complete another project and ended up selling it for funds.  For a factory tupperware trigger this one was a good one.  I've felt some other xd's that weren't quite as good. Maybe the finish job helped.   Friend of mine had a trigger job done on his production gun and it was really nice.  Not 1911 but still good.  

Another friend of mine won a 5" 9mm at a match but traded it straight up for a glock 17 because you can't shoot a xd in the ssp division.

Only thing I didn't like about the xd was the mag release.  Thing took a hard push to dump the mag.  Thumb would get really sore when doing dry drills.
The only xd I've ever seen have troubles was a 40 running reloads.

I like 'em and if they haven't gone up too much in price, I think they are a good value.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought a XD9 with 4" barrel last year. Good gun. Most of the pistols i have prefer FMJ type ammo but ( in case you reload ) my XD9 and my CZ 75 single action 9 both shoot lead very well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had mine for sometime,about 5000 rounds.love it ......I have had about 3 fte's Usually from lack of cleaning and once cuz I limp wristed it ..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 4" Service Model 9mm XD and like it a lot.  Fits my hand reasonably well, has perfectly acceptable practical accuracy, the trigger is good for its type, and has been extremely dependable for years and hundreds of rounds.  Using the factory ten-rounders, I've never had a stoppage.  Using a .40 S&W mag (they hold fifteen rounds of 9mm), I had some hiccups with the slide locknig back with one round left in the magazine, but corrected them by fiddling with the follower a little bit.  Springfield Armory Inc. also has a really good customer service department and will take care of you on the off chance that you do have a problem.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I have owned three. I now own two.
The first one I had had the "old style extractor".
The two I now own have the "new style extractor".
The first one had lots of trouble with extraction.
The two I own now extract fine unless you use WWB or S&B ammo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 4" service and a Glock 19 and I really like them both. Which one is better? Neither in my opinion except for personal stuff. My XD has been a rock solid pistol and for what type of pistol it is has a great trigger also and mine can be concealed no problem. If you think they feel comfortable I would get one and highly recomend the Bitone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had a service model going on three years now. I've had no problems with it. I have put several thousand rounds though and except for holster wear and a few scratches its as good as new. I am thinking about replacing it though. With an XD-45 ACP service model.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I had one for about 2 years. Overall it's a decent pistol. The grip is very comfortable and mine was pretty accurate. Originally I liked the idea of the grip safety but in practice I found I didn't like it at all.  Recently I decided to simplify\standardize my defensive arms and I felt the my Glocks fit my needs better so I sold XD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top