Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 8:30:39 AM EDT
I want to buy a suppressor to use on my 9mms. I have a carbine, a 92, a GLOCK 19, and a Kahr. It will definately be used on the GLOCK, and it would be nice if I could use it on the Kahr was well. It needs to be small to function reliably on the tilt locking guns. I am not interested in a large can with a recoil booster as they block the sights and make the weapon nose heavy. I also don't want one of the tiny can that will only go 10-15 shots without needing more grease.

What are the options for compact cans that will work on these guns?

Also, would it be possible to use a 9mm can on a pistol using a .22LR conversion kit?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Might I suggest you hit Knob Creek, KY for their Class 3 gathering??? You'll find lots of dealers there who can answer all you questions accurately, as well as give you current pricing info.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking into getting one myself specifically for my G19.  SWAT had a nice in-depth review of the AAC Evolution 9 in this month's issue.   It was a very well-done in-depth analysis of this can using different pistols and a rather large round count for the review.  I was very impressed since it isn't the usual superficial crap you see in most mags.

Anyway, based on the research the AAC Evo 9 works incredibly well with the G19 and a Jarvis barrel and suppressed that pistol better than any of the others during test.  It's now officially on my wish list.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been looking into getting one myself specifically for my G19.  SWAT had a nice in-depth review of the AAC Evolution 9 in this month's issue.   It was a very well-done in-depth analysis of this can using different pistols and a rather large round count for the review.  I was very impressed since it isn't the usual superficial crap you see in most mags.

Anyway, based on the research the AAC Evo 9 works incredibly well with the G19 and a Jarvis barrel and suppressed that pistol better than any of the others during test.  It's now officially on my wish list.

The Evo is a very nice can. The AAC Spider II is smaller in length and diameter and only weighs 1/3 as much as the Evo. The trade off is that the Spiders require grease that only lasts about 15 rounds before suppression deminishes considerably.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Evo is a very nice can. The AAC Spider II is smaller in length and diameter and only weighs 1/3 as much as the Evo. The trade off is that the Spiders require grease that only lasts about 15 rounds before suppression deminishes considerably.

The one in the review had the option of running it wet and it lasted for like 30 rounds.  It also worked quite well dry.  It seems like a very nice piece of equipment.  I hope to get one sometime before year end.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The one in the review had the option of running it wet and it lasted for like 30 rounds.  It also worked quite well dry.  It seems like a very nice piece of equipment.  I hope to get one sometime before year end.

The Spider II?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Spider II?

Sorry, no -- the Evolution 9.  My statement was a bit confusing, sorry.

It looks the Evolution won't fit your needs though as it's a larger can and I *think* you'd need to replace your sights on the pistol if you wanted to sight in while shooting with the can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top