Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 7:31:50 AM EDT
My friend is one of those guys that just has fat fingers and hands. He has a Kel-tec p32 that he can't use as he has to take his finger out of the trigger guard to reset the pistol after the first shot. He wants to trade it for a derringer. I don't think thats really all that much better. Is there another small semi that has more room in the trigger guard? I was thinking that the front of the trigger guard could be cut out leaving the bottom part for coverage. That long hard trigger pull would also make it hard to accidently set the gun off in his pocket. What are your thoughts on this one?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
A slightly larger gun would be my thought on this :P  Why does it have to be a miniscule gun for a guy with huge fingers?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My friend is one of those guys that just has fat fingers and hands. He has a Kel-tec p32 that he can't use as he has to take his finger out of the trigger guard to reset the pistol after the first shot. He wants to trade it for a derringer. I don't think thats really all that much better. Is there another small semi that has more room in the trigger guard? I was thinking that the front of the trigger guard could be cut out leaving the bottom part for coverage. That long hard trigger pull would also make it hard to accidently set the gun off in his pocket. What are your thoughts on this one?

He does have some damn fat fingers if he has to take his finger out of the trigger gaurd for it to reset.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Bigger pistol. Glock 19, CZ 75 compact, USP compact, 229 ECT........
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A slightly larger gun would be my thought on this :P  Why does it have to be a miniscule gun for a guy with huge fingers?

Main reason for this pistol is the concealment factor and his dress style. He's a motorcycle mechanic. It gets hot and dirty here in SC. He can drop this pistol in his pocket and not worry with concealment nearly as much. It's not his only gun as much as it's his allways gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]
i had no problems shooting my sig p232 with gloves on.  i only mention the gloves because i have small hands.  it might be a bit bigger than what he is looking for but i could have carried it in my front pants pocket with little issue if i had wanted to.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#6]
best deep cover pocket pistol ever- S&W J frame!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]
If he wants to be cheap, get a Makarov.  Those were designed with a large trigger guard for use with gloves.  HK P7's have a fairly large guard and are quite compact for what they are.  Derringers are pretty much obsolete today, their role can be filled easily by a compact auto or revolver (or a NAA Mini-revolver if deep concealment is an issue).  Personally, my favorite "compact" pistol is the Glock 19.  Pretty much any auto that is designed for use with gloves (most military/military-pattern autos) and the majority of revolvers have large trigger guards.  Of course, I'm assuming CCW use is the issue here.  If not, he would be better served by a larger weapon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top