Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:21:29 PM EDT
I have been causually searching for a H&K P9 handgun for a little white now. I had a chance to examine one briefly and really liked the balance/feel. Many "elite" military units have used this handgun as thier issue weapon, including the Navy SEALs. The Spainish GEO listed the P9 as thier standard issue handgun until recently, many members still use it. I would love to have a NSW clone P9 with a Qualtech can, though only if I were given one. If it were my money, I would certainly buy a USP9SD. Does anyone own a P9? I know they made a S or Sport model, but how many other variants are there of the P9? Whats the approximate value of these guns in todays market? How is the reliability/durability of a delayed blowback pistol compared to the USP? How availible are magazines/components? I wouldn't be using this as a CCW or defensive weapon, just a neat handgun to add to the collection. I suppose if I liked it enough and had enough faith in it, I would carry it....but thats not my intent at this point. Besides the occasional "high speed' unit using them, they seem to be relatively obscure....why is this? They seem like a great little handgun that uses a proven/reliable operating system. I really like these and hope to buy one if I can ever find one for the right price. Does anyone have one or any information about them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
gun has been out of production since 1984, they are out there, but they usually start at around $1000 and go up depending on model/ and caliber.  I have 2 combat models one in 9mm and one if 45acp. excellent guns, and I do CCW with them on occasion, very accurate and reliable, parts are a little harder to find,but they are out there, all you need is to watch the buffer and springs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The HK P9S is one of the most accurate handguns I own. I have a P9S 9mm combat, and just bought a P9S 45 Target two weeks ago.  The 9mm has a single action trigger that breaks at 1.8 pounds and the 45 lets off at 1.3 pounds when you combine the excellent trigger with the polygonal barrel you have an extremely accurate handgun.

Today you can find a P9S combat from AIMs Surplus for 600, the 45 models are hard to find. I spent 3 years looking for the 45 and paid $1,000 for it.

I have not shot the P9S 45 yet, I am sure that it will be more accurate than my USP Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a P9S for bullseye matches. The gun has been as accurate as it can get. It did not work reliable with semi jacketed ammo and I did not like the overtravel. With an added overtravel stop, the double action did not work.
My gun had come from a batch that was sold by the German borderguards, the Bundesgrenzschutz.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out Park Cities Tactical. They have a P9S specific forum that has a lot of good info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top